Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How much would an iPhone 5s cost with a 30 dollar plan?

I have a $30 plan that has 200mb of data 150 anytime minutes, unlimited texting and free calling after 7pm. Would this be considered a medium tab or a small tab?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could get either a small or a medium Tab with that plan. If you have any tab owing right now that will have to be paid in full before you can upgrade to a new phone, you can pay your full tab at the time of the upgrade or add it to your next bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As for the cost it's going to be around 275$ with the Tab M!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And your monthly charge will be $35 with Tab M. $30 plan + $5 tab fee.
So I could keep my old plan because when I called they said i would have to pay $5 more for 200 minutes, free calling at 5pm and unlimited texting but I only get 50mb of data. I don't want to pay an extra $5 more because the amount of data in it is useless!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kevin Condo wrote:

So I could keep my old plan because when I called they said i would have to pay $5 more for 200 m...

I agree. Who want to pay more for less?
Userlevel 6
Kevin Condo wrote:

So I could keep my old plan because when I called they said i would have to pay $5 more for 200 m...

They are probably just trying to get up to the next plan. Yo may need more data they might be thinking.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should be able to use your current $30 plan (150 min, 200mb) to use the Tab M. You will need to take $35 plan (200min, 50mb) if you are a new customer, but you are already with Koodo with $30 plan.
Yes but when I called koodo, they said I would have to switch my plan! Does it matter that I gotthe plan during a promotion?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kevin Condo wrote:

Yes but when I called koodo, they said I would have to switch my plan! Does it matter that I gott...

It shouldn't. We're looking into this for you. Hopefully, we'll have an answer soon.
Kevin Condo wrote:

Yes but when I called koodo, they said I would have to switch my plan! Does it matter that I gott...

Thank you. I'll call koodo after, and see what they say. If I do get an iPhone, I will have to pay the extra $5 for the tab?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kevin Condo wrote:

If you take tab M, yes (which I recommend because you'll get 100$ off). If you take tab S there's no tab charge!
Kevin Condo wrote:

Ah yes. Would my $30 plan be considered a medium tab
Userlevel 6
Hi Kevin, you can definitely keep your current plan 🙂 Enjoy this great phone! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Thank you I'll give my near by koodo a call.