Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How much is the iPhone 5s with tax and no tab

I want to get the I phone 5s but I don't know how much it is. Does the listed price include tax?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 5s with Koodo costs $725 plus taxes. You can get a tab and that will reduce your upfront costs. https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Taxes vary by province. Here's how you calculate your total cost after sales taxes: (price x taxes) + price = total cost Using Ontario's 13% HST as an example: (725 x 0.13) + 725 = 94.25 + 725 = 819.25 Honestly, If you're buying without a tab, why not buy directly from Apple? It's $6 cheaper AND your phone is factory unlocked.
Userlevel 5
Ivan wrote:

Taxes vary by province. Here's how you calculate your total cost after sales taxes: (price x t...

Or you can make that easier by going 1.tax So for example 725 x 1.13 = 819.25 Cuts out a step 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Taxes vary by province. Here's how you calculate your total cost after sales taxes: (price x t...

(AxB)+A = AB+A = A(1+B)
Ivan wrote:

Since Apple has now reduced the price of the 16 gig 5S to $639, when will Koodo be following suit?
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

You'll have to wait until after the release of the iPhone 6 on Septemeber 19. The price will go down, but we just don't know what it will be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Just wait one more week in order to buy anything so you can see how will prices fluctuate.