Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How much is it to unlock a iphone 4s?

im buying a iphone from someone!

17 replies

Userlevel 7
I recommend you buy an already unlocked one or a Telus one to use with Koodo. iPhones are difficult/expensive to unlock if you're not that carrier's customer.
but im already a koodo costumer. my aunt iphone works with koodo but im with prepaid koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

but im already a koodo costumer. my aunt iphone works with koodo but im with prepaid koodo

Get the seller to unlock it. Jonathan is right. If you have to pay a warden to let you go free, you better be spending your cash with the warden who was "taking care of you" in the first place, not someone offering you a new home.
Natasha Thompson wrote:

Okay!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-...
Natasha Thompson wrote:

so do i call koodo and have a prepaid master card ready for the unlocking when i call them? for $35?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

If it's working with koodo right now and your going to use it on Koodo then there's no need to unlock it at all, it will work on prepaid or postpaid right now there's no difference.
Natasha Thompson wrote:

so i dont need to unlock it to make it work cuz im getting the iphone in a week! but thankyou for helping
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

Nope, if she's using it on Koodo then there's no need just pop in your Koodo prepaid SIM and away you go
Natasha Thompson wrote:

iphone 4s takes micro prepaid right ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

Yep it takes a Micro SIM
Natasha Thompson wrote:

Okay perfect thank you i have the micro sim card so it would work great have a great night / day guys!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

You to Natasha, and if you have any more quartos feel free to come back to the community and we 'll all be here to help you out ☺️
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

Pre-paid and post-padi SIMS are different animals. Check out your other post, but the phone itself will be no problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

That's what I mean is the phone will work on postpaid or prepaid the SIM she already has so she knows those are different.
Natasha Thompson wrote:

Hi there 10000% it will cost you 50$ from the company that has the phone liked to them ok as long as the I phone is nor stolen ok good luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natasha Thompson wrote:

Sorry to tell you but it's 1000% not, the issue has already been resolved as well and if you read through she doesn't actually need it unlocked so it's not an issue.