Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How much for data overage?

Userlevel 1
OK I've just spent like half an hour on this site and I cannot find out how much I'm charged if I go over my data limit. I know it's either $5 per next 100MB or $10 per next 200MB, or something like that. WHERE THE HELL IS THIS BASIC INFORMATION?

23 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Blork! What plan are you on?
HippieLongstocking wrote:

Wifi
HippieLongstocking wrote:

comment fonctionne consommation de donnée
Userlevel 4
It all depends on your plan. When you go over your generally aloud to go over say so much @ a certain amount at so many mb and than after that it's at a certain amount at so many mb.
Userlevel 1
Melissa wrote:

It all depends on your plan. When you go over your generally aloud to go over say so much @ a cer...

I get that. My complaint is that I can't find the specifics of how much for how much.
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

It all depends on your plan. When you go over your generally aloud to go over say so much @ a cer...

You can see it in self-serve under your Plan details
Userlevel 1
Melissa wrote:

No I cannot. I already spent half an hour in there. I just spent another ten minutes. There's acres of blah blah blah, but nothing specifically about data overage. Maybe it's because the plan I'm on is no longer offered, or maybe it's because the self serve area is a Gordian knot of confusion, but I just can't find it.
Userlevel 1
Melissa wrote:

I tried all of these: Self Serve > Monthly Customer > (Usage) View plan (click “Data”). All it says is: Your plan and add-ons include 200 MB data usage within Canada. Plans and Add-ons > It shows my plan, but says nothing about data overage. Change your Add-ons > Included Services > Data 100MB (Listed twice). Description is “No description available.” OH WAIT! I found it. If I mouse-over my current plan in “Plans and Add-ons” I get a pop-up window that tells me $5 per 100MB. Thanks Koodo for making it so hard to find. I’ll never get that 30 minutes back.
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

You took 30 minutes, some people take 30 seconds. In the end you found it 🙂
Userlevel 1
I'm on the "Canada Wide Data Double" plan.
Userlevel 7
Blork wrote:

I'm on the "Canada Wide Data Double" plan.

There were quite a few of those back in the day. Check self-serve.
Userlevel 6
On those plans it is generally 5$/500MB however on your Self Serve in plan details you will see the exact overusage charge.
Userlevel 1
Nope. (See above.)
I am searching for the same info and have followed all the above tricks...thought the hovering thing might give me something, but I can't get to the old blue and black screen. The new lime green listing DOES NOT have the the overage anywhere. I just got a new phone and all the updating on apps on the NEW phone ate all my data because I didn't realize wifi was not on and the autoupdate was! Please is this one of the "no hidden costs"  costs?HELP!!!

I am searching for the same info and have followed all the above tricks...thought the hovering thing might give me something, but I can't get to the old blue and black screen. The new lime green listing DOES NOT have the the overage anywhere. I just got a new phone and all the updating on apps on the NEW phone ate all my data because I didn't realize WiFi was not on and the auto update was! Please is this one of the "no hidden costs" costs?HELP!!!>
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I get my additional data on Phone Services where I see my plan. I don't know where you would be getting it tho. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some older plans doesn't give you a "data overage charge rate" through self serve. 
My family have the "Dbl dbl 30 promo plan" and "Pay per use data saver for Talk&Text plan"  and I can't see the rate.
If you need/want to know your rate, you'll need to call Koodo *611 from your Koodo phone.

They are still upgrading the site, so I hope we can access to it once they finished upgrading.
Userlevel 1
I just took another trip to the US and did NOT take a roaming plan. When I landed I got a txt that gave the roaming rates. For anyone else looking for this info (although maybe it's different for different plans), here's what my txt message said: 
Welcome to USA! All incoming texts are free. If you don't have a U.S. Roaming Add-on, the rates are Voice = $1.50/min, Data = $5 for every 20 MB used, Outgoing Text = $5 for every 100 text sent. For help, dial *611 or 16477884337. Safe travels!
Can Someone help me with finding  the overage rate? With the new layout, i couldn't find it...
Userlevel 7
winnie wrote:

Can Someone help me with finding  the overage rate? With the new layout, i couldn't find it...

Koodo doubled their data overage charges from $10/Gb to $20/gb on the $48 5G unlimited plan. Such bull 'Sheet'. This is a first world country whose cell rates go up every year because of corporate interest. Just to give you a perspective, a third world country like Bangladesh, you can get 5gb data for $10 !!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Actually thats only for the add-on. Overage charges on that plan are $5/100MB. That plan is one of the best with Koodo as in many other provinces 5/GB of data on a plan costs $75/month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Please don't spam in multiple posts about high data rates, Fayaz. Once is enough. Especially when the posts are a year old and clearly done.