Koodo Community

Community

how long does it take to port in a vonage phone number? I can make outbound calls, but can't receive calls

I'm an existing Koodo customer and recently relocated to another province. I submitted the request to port in phone numbers into Koodo from Vonage. Has anyone done a similar exercise recently and if yes, can you please share how long did the process take? It's a bit unnerving not to receive calls :) 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It can take up to 3 business days, but until it's done, you should be able to receive calls on your old Vonage line. You shouldn't experience any down time that way.
On the dot Sophia. 🙂 I received a text from Koodo that the transfer was complete. However, when I test to see if I receive incoming calls, my phone does not ring. Does this warrant a call to he Koodo helpdesk? Or is there some black magic I am not aware of?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CA wrote:

On the dot Sophia. 🙂 I received a text from Koodo that the transfer was complete. However, when ...

The SIM sometimes needs a wake-up call. Try restarting the phone to refresh your network connection.