Koodo Community
Question

How does it work when sending text to canadian phone number and receiver is overseas?

• 3 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

An acquaintance is visiting overseas. If I send him a text would this person receive it? I have unlimited messaging. He is with Rogers and I have no idea if he has a roaming plan etc. I am uncertain how text messaging works in this situation. Is it  possible the text will not appear until he's back in Canada? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the recipient has a roaming connection, your texts will follow without any special dialing needed. Otherwise, anything not received within 7 days will probably be tagged as undeliverable and deleted by the carrier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If they have roaming coverage the message would be delivered as soon as the phone connects to a cellular network. If they do not, messages will be held for a time, (usually 5-10 days) to be offered when they return to Canada. After that time, the messages will be deleted by the system and no longer delivered.

Userlevel 3

Thanks Bob and Timo. Hopefully he has roaming or I will try to reach him whenever he's back in Canada.