Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how do I log into the app store to find out what the charge was about

i was charged 4.99 from the application store service, i did not purchase anything where do i go to find this information?  what is the link or site iPhone 5s 40.00 plan unlimited, can wide

11 replies

Is this your VISA or the actual Koodo billing?  Is that the exact wording on the billing? If it is confusing  just write them a snail mail letter with a COPY of what you are looking at and they can assist. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Here's how : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The $4.99 is an immediate a sign of an application/service purchase. Not necessarily through the app store. You may have called an 800 and/or 888 number Claudette. One of the numbers we see frequently used belongs to a company that charges a for their services and the apply it to your phone bill. You could certainly dispute the charge by calling them as they state here:

[i]"So if you are unsure as to why you are being charged, when the charges were made and/or where they originated we recommend you contact our [i]customer support billing enquiries team[i] online or call [i]1-866-340-4990[i] and select option 1."

http://tritonglobal.ca/do-you-have-phone-bill-charges-from-triton-global-or-fastrack/
Bernard wrote:

The $4.99 is an immediate a sign of an application/service purchase. Not necessarily through the ...

if Koodo has no relation ship with this scam operation how do their charges get on my koodo bill?
Userlevel 1
Bernard wrote:

The $4.99 is an immediate a sign of an application/service purchase. Not necessarily through the ...

File a complaint about Triton with the CRTC
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Because it's an option to use your cell phone as a sort of credit card for premium services. Koodo could potentially ban them from using Koodo numbers but not sure on the technicalities of that. I'd definitely do as Luke said and file a CCTS complaint about being misleading / lying and potentially difficult to cease services.
Bernard wrote:

I believe I have figured out how these charges ended up on my Koodo phone bill. I tried to phone Westjet's toll free number on several occasions while I was stranded in Toronto but was redirected to some kind of directory assistance every time I tried to call it. The only option was to hit "1" on my phone for further info. I do not use my phone for any credit or other pay system but Samsung auto downloads Samsung Pay on its updates but i have never enabled this app. The directory assistance informs me after pressing "1" that there will be as $4.99 charge. I hit cancel but it appears the charge still goes through. When my phone service provided by Koodo is highjacked like this how do I get out of the problem to make a toll free call without being scammed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Ah yeah that sort of nonsense. Best thing you can do is just hang up right away. Which number for westjet did you use? Here is info on their site. You can apparently call them to have your number blocked from having further transaction charges against it: http://tritonglobal.ca/do-you-have-phone-bill-charges-from-triton-global-or-fastrack/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ mbromilow can you pls share what number you think you dialed? Based on what I see on your invoice I think I know what may have happened. 
No I do not believe hanging up right away is the right response. As a purchaser of Koodo phone  service, I rightfully expect that when I dial a toll free number, I will be connected to that number and not some scam company that uses Koodo to scam people.  I would like to know how I was redirected to this scamming company through the Koodo network.  Does Koodo receive any renumeration for processing these payments to Triton or benefit in any way whatsoever by processing their payments.  How does Triton get their money if I pay Koodo?.  I cannot imagine that Koodo does not verify these transaction charges before adding them to their bill. Is there any official Koodo representative who has the authority to answer these questions available to comment or contact me personnally?  You have my number!
Userlevel 1
mbromilow wrote:

No I do not believe hanging up right away is the right response. As a purchaser of Koodo phone&nb...

Your dispute is with Triton.  Or maybe it's WestJet for using Triton for their IVR service as a re-direct. Try contacting westjet thru facebook so you won;t get a charge from Triton.  As previously state, try complaining about Triton to the CRTC. Koodo can't control what westjet does when their phone number is dialed.