Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I get my voicemail working on my iphone5

How do I set up voicemail on my iphone

5 replies

Userlevel 6
iPhones are tricky for voicemail. With other phones you can manually configure the voicemail number that the phone will call when you touch the voicemail button but iPhones don't have that option for some reason. First you should try calling your own cell number to see if your voicemail is activated properly. If it's your first time calling voicemail your password is your full ten digit cell number. Afterwards try the voicemail button again. If the voicemail button still doesn't work, what you can do is dial **5005*86*+1 & VM access number# tap Call. You'll have to contact Koodo by phone or e-mail to find your VM access number though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

iPhones are tricky for voicemail. With other phones you can manually configure the voicemail numb...

Would you not call punching in a code to change the vm number manually configuring it? It's certainly not automatic.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

iPhones are tricky for voicemail. With other phones you can manually configure the voicemail numb...

I suppose it's technically manual, but it's not click-click-done like on other phones. Androids, for example, have the option to change the VM number directly in the call settings. I don't know how anyone not working directly with iPhones would ever find out about "**5005*86*+1 & VM access number#",
Userlevel 5
Curtules wrote:

Sometimes (not always) you can use your own phone number in place of the VM access number in this code and it will make the VM button work. You also only need one * at the start. Another thing that works sometimes with iPhone 5s is doing a reset of network connections. Go into settings, then general and then reset at the bottom. Choose reset network settings and enter your password if prompted. This wont erase or remove any data from your phone but you will need to re-set up your wifi connections.
Userlevel 1
Curtules wrote:

you need to program your VM number manually to your iPHONE Tap on the Phone icon, Dial *#5005*XXX# where "XXX" is the correct voice mail access number, call Koodo to get it. Tap Call, then test it with speed dial key 1.