Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I change the account owner of my account?

I first signed up with Koodo when I was young and didn't have my own credit, so my mother signed on as the account owner. However, now I have my own credit and am not even living with my mother anymore, and wanting to change my plan on my phone, but apparently can't as I am not the "account owner". How do I take her off? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Cat11, You and your mother will have to call Koodo using *611 from your mobile phone and do a transfer of ownership. The cost will be 10$ for this.
You need to go to a koodo store with your mom and get your own account you need to transfer ownership you will need a driver licence and your credit card or SIM card. Does this make since?

Userlevel 7
Lucas Cuddy wrote:

You need to go to a koodo store with your mom and get your own account you need to transfer owner...

They must call, they can't do the transfer in the store.
Lucas Cuddy wrote:

You need to go to a koodo store with your mom and get your own account you need to transfer owner...

No, i did it at a store and it work  you DONT NEED TO CALL
Userlevel 7
Lucas Cuddy wrote:

Lucas, They don't do it in the store. Please view this website: https://www.koodomobile.com/contact-us Scroll down to transfer of ownership. It is not available in store.
Lucas Cuddy wrote:

well, they do. ask my mom.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lucas Cuddy wrote:

By the sound of it Lucas you opened your own account and ported the number from the old account not actually did a transfer of ownership. So your mom probably got a bill which included any amount that was owing on the tab as well instead of transferring the tab with the account.
Userlevel 6
Lucas Cuddy wrote:

Hi there, we use to offer transfer of ownership in store. However, this is no longer possible and a customer must now call us in order to do the transfer. Thank you!