Koodo Community
Question

how do I buy a plan without buying a phone?

• 7 January 2013
  • 6 replies

I already have an Iphone 5 bought without any plan, and wish to buy a plan without a phone, but when i try to check out from the cart it tells me that it's required to buy a phone, how do i buy a plan without buying another phone?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Go to a Koodo shop/retailer and have the activation done there. Make sure it's a Koodo phone. If it's not, make sure that it's unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go to a Koodo shop/retailer and have the activation done there. Make sure it's a Koodo phone. If ...Cast is correct because if your not buying a phone then you would have to purchase a Koodo SIM Card and then after you receive it you would have to call or go to a kiosk anyways to open an account & activate your Koodo SIM Card. So your only option to do it right away is to go to a kiosk and buy the SIM Card and open an account at the same time.
Userlevel 1
Like the guys have said, go to your local Koodo kiosk to activate your phone. Ask the Koodo employee if you can try their Koodo sim card to see if your phone works with Koodo. Your phone might have come locked. Where did you buy the phone?
Userlevel 5
If you do not want to go to a Koodo store, you can purchase the appropriate sim card online. Once it arrives, you can activate the sim card over the phone, then you select your plans, etc. via phone or online. Easiest thing would be go to the store but it's your choice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since I haven't seen it specifically mentioned, if you buy the sim card through the web store, DO NOT CHOOSE A PLAN. If you choose a plan at this stage, for some reason the site requires you to add a phone before checking out. If you order just the card with no plan you will be able to check out just fine.
Userlevel 5
Since I haven't seen it specifically mentioned, if you buy the sim card through the web store, DO...And also to make sure you get the appropriate sim card, which in this case, will be the nano sim. 🙂