Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how do i add on more data

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Christine,

In order to add more date, you need to change for a plan offering higher data. Undrotunately, there's no add-ons to add more data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You might get offers for discounted data added once you hit your limit but there's no guarantees. There's also the overage rate if you really need the extra data besides what Robert said.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Christine, if you are on a shocknfree data plan once reached your limit you will be able to add more data. A message will appear telling you your data is blocked and need to wait till the next bill cycle or to add more data. You'll be able to add it right from your phone.
Bernard wrote:

@Christine, if you are on a shocknfree data plan once reached your limit you will be able ...

I've hit my data limit, the data has been cut off and I've not been offered a top up. there is mention of a top up option but it just takes me back to my usage summary and takes me in circles. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Christine, if you are on a shocknfree data plan once reached your limit you will be able ...

Turn your WiFi off and your data on and go here: http://koododatatopup.zenithss.com It will give you options for $20/1GB and $10/300MB or something along those lines. If you'd rather continue at your pay per use rate (likely $7/100MB) you can login to selfserve and do so there.
Bernard wrote:

That link doesnt work over wifi. It says you have to be connected to the Koodo network so its no good if your data has already been blocked. I had to phone in and I got 500 mb for $10 not the 300mb like this link offers. Doing away with the koodo app was a set back in service quality. For the first time now I’ve been rethinking staying with koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

You don't actually use any data (the site is zero-rated for data use). You just need to have data turned on so that you connect to Koodo's network. It's designed to work when your data has been 100% used.
Did you try turning on your data to access the site?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Brian, the link is "whitelisted", meaning you can access it even if you ran out of data. Just not through wi-fi. 

When you there was an option/link for a top up option did you click that? 

As far as the app, we turn it down as after we introduced shock free data very few people used. They didn't have to as they were getting notification and data pause when they hit their limit.   
Bernard wrote:

The link didn't work until I called in to get the data unblocked. What doesn't seem right to me is why the link only offered 300mb for $10 and I got 500mb for $10 when I called in. No text when I hit 100%, the searches didn't offer up that link, and it happened at a bad time when I was in a meeting and needed data access and it took all these hoops and time to get it back on. I don't feel the love anymore. 
Bernard wrote:

The link didnt work for you because you were trying to access it through wifi which both Allan and Bernard told you wouldnt work. Turn off your wifi if it happens again and you might feel the love again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Bryan, the Koodo love is as strong as ever, although it looks like we hit a bit of a bump. I think I may have pieced the puzzle together and indeed there may have been an issue with your account. Here is what I think happened:
  • You added a 1GB datatop-up on Jan 18th (likely from the link you were shown at the time)
  • You used up 1GB data top-up by Feb 8th but you did not receive the 100% block notification. Why, I'm unsure, but will look into it.
  • You called in and our rep unblocked the account at a pay per use rate
You did get a text to tell you the amount you have used so far in dollars. 

Bernard wrote:

Mats, it failed over the koodo network, it failed over wifi. With the former I just got a long delay then a connect failure message. On the latter I got the error telling me I had to connect to the koodo network. Its not going to happen again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

If you just connect to data and then try it won't work. You'll just have to refresh the page until it loads. Just tested it.
Bernard wrote:

bernard, your chronology is correct. I ran out of data in the Bahama's and was able to do the 1gb top up seamlessly there. I got the 90% text earlier today and was trying to top up but the website was sooo slow when I got blocked and the koodo self serve froze. The building I was in only had public Wifi in the lobby so I was trying to do it from there and the system was just sending me around in circles. I then pulled out my laptop and tried from it. I was only offered a 1gb/$20 option in a black square but no matter where I clicked in the square I kept getting back to my usage summary. Only way to get out of that loop was to phone in and wait in the queue. Tried the chatbot and search option but neither offered up the link. Missed a lot of the meeting and now up late making up for that. I've lost confidence in Koodo. This was Rogers level frustration.
Bernard wrote:

Allan, I even rebooted my iPhone at that point thinking it was causing the issue. I tried refreshing a few times. The website was extremely slow when I was trying to do this over the wifi and koodo network before I got locked out of the koodo network. When the block was removed the site was still painfully slow. This all chewed up way more time then I had at the time. Not sure if they don't support two top ups in a month or if it was because I did the first top up from the Bahamas. The first top up went very smoothly. It was the first time I had to do that. 

Bernard wrote:

I need to clarify here that i was not offered the link on the self serve or by text. If memory serves the link was provided in the 100% sms text notification which I never got this time. This time the only way i got the link was when Allan sent it. When i posted i was expectimg a delayed response as is typical of most forums. So i didnt see the link until after I finished the top up phone call. Also noteworthy is when self serve was crawling I ran speedtest to see if the wifi and then koodo networks were slow. They both passed with flying colours.
Bernard wrote:

so now they text me a survey on how the CSR did that unblocked the data. No questions about the process breakdowns that caused me to have to call him. Asking the wrong questions with blinders on to filter out the real customer experience. Did they just hire a manager from Rogers or something? Confidence continues to decline. 
Bernard wrote:

I ran out of data but never received a text offering to add more, even though when I ask koodo help, that's what it says will happen. Note can I find anywhere a way to add it manually.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Ashlyn: Which plan are you on?. If it is a Shock-free-data plan, you should have received the text and offers https://www.koodomobile.com/help/pausing-and-resuming-data

Bernard wrote:

I did not receive a text. I am on a shock free plan. That link was very helpful, thank you! I wish it had been easier to find. With your help I was able to add 300MB for $10 to my plan for this month. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Ashlyn: Have you checked if notification of the shock free data was on in your selfserve. (selfserve --> My profile --> Notification @ block --> Manage --> turn on Shock-Free®️ Data alerts).

If you had those on, but didn't receive anything, you might need to contact Koodo directly and ask them to look into it. (facebook messaging will help to avoid the wait on phone).

Bernard wrote:

Yes, I had those on. How do I contact them by messenger?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Ashlyn: you could send message to their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo