Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I add more data? I've already had $5 top up but I need more this month only. Why isn't this easy?

I'm using extra data just this month and want to add more but all I've been offered is $5 top up. How do I get more? This is frustrating. This seems like it should be part of the basic service and I can't find anywhere on this site to top up my data..

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
$5/100MB is just the standatd overage rate. If you are on a shock free data plan, once you use up 100% of your data you should recieve a text asking if you'd like to buy a $5, $10 or $20 data top up. You could also change your plan to one with more data if you'd like.
Allan wrote:

$5/100MB is just the standatd overage rate. If you are on a shock free data plan, once you use up...

I haven't received text to add-on the 5 dollars top up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

$5/100MB is just the standatd overage rate. If you are on a shock free data plan, once you use up...

Do you have SFD plan? Have you used up your data?
Allan wrote:

I have already purchased extra data but it doesn't seem to have  been added. No sense in calling as I just sit on hold and this way of communication doesn't work as I don't have all evening to sit here. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Try restarting your phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

@ Theresa Postpaid or prepaid? If you have postpaid and replied text for top up, it’d added instant. (I’ve purchased top up this month) When/How did you purchase extra data?
I got one message only offering me a $5 top-up, with a link to a top-up site that didn't work. I really think Koodo should have a data plan you can add for the month you need it, say when you're travelling. what do other people do? change your rate plan for that one month? then change it back again? Other mobile phone services I've used you can call up and add data ahead of time. This seems like a way of making money for Koodo and making things expensive for the client.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Charis Cotter wrote:

I got one message only offering me a $5 top-up, with a link to a top-up site that didn't work. I ...

If you have shock-free data, it is as simple as replying to a text; far less effort than either changing your plan or adding data in advance. You may be on an older plan, and could consider the convenience of a newer shock-free plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Charis Cotter wrote:

I got one message only offering me a $5 top-up, with a link to a top-up site that didn't work. I ...

" with a link to a top-up site that didn't work"
 - What error message did you get when you click that link?
When I was offered extra data last month, I clicked it and it was saying something  "...due to a system error...   ".  
I thought it was just a glitch and I decided not to add more data. But if this is happens other people, then we should let them know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Charis Cotter wrote:

Koodo states this on their website: "The $20 for 1GB top-up can only be added when using data. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off and data is turned on when trying to add it." Maybe the website only loads while using data?