Koodo Community

Community

Question

How can you unlock your Koodo phone ?

I have found the knowledge base stating that this is possible however, it does not say HOW.. If i remember correctly, it used to be a feature in Self serve area, but cannot see it anymore. Any help greatly appreciated. iPhone7 Plus, will travel to Europe soon, for about one month. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Bohan. The only way to unlock an iPhone is to contact Koodo directly, you can send them a Private message to their FB page or Twitter account where they can verify your account and further assist you on this matter. There will be a $50 charge for unlocking but it is cheaper than going with a 3rd party unlocking service such as gsmliberty.com or Cellunlocker.Net since it's an iPhone.
Thank you for your quick response. I do not use facebook nor tweeter - i will call in, although their wait times are getting worse and worse every year. It used to be such a pleasure dealing with Koodo.. Agin, thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah Koodo is aiming to go fully self serve, community, AI and social media reliant on contacting them in the near future so it may be inconvenient for some as you will eventually have to set up a social media account to be able to talk with their customer service eventually. Telus will become the full serve carrier of the Telus umbrella (Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile).
Thank you. When that time comes, i will be moving out - with some regrets (have been with them with all three accounts for many years). But i do not see a reason nor do i have a wish for a cell phone provider to force getting something i do not want, in order to get the service.
Userlevel 6
Bogdan Balasa wrote:

Thank you. When that time comes, i will be moving out - with some regrets (have been with them wi...

The upside to having a self serve oriented business model is that it keeps the rates lower for us.

You may get more service options with Rogers/Bell/Telus, but you will pay higher monthly plan rates as a result.
Bogdan Balasa wrote:

Thank you. When that time comes, i will be moving out - with some regrets (have been with them wi...

I totally concur, i am a big fan of self service however, there is no need to tie the self service option with a facebook or any other social media account. As i said before, i feel no need to have Facebook or Teeeter. The day i will be forced to get them in order to get the service, will be my last day with that provider. I am not debating, i just expressed an opinion. As for cheap service.. not in North America, and even less in Canada. And Koodo is Tellus, btw 🙂. I have resolved my problem over the phone, thank you Paul for letting me know that indeed, that was not a self service option. All the best