Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I unlock my old phone (not my current one)?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it a Koodo phone? http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-i-am-eligible-to-get-my-koodo-phone-unlocked
Yes, If I do it online I cannot see my previous phone, only my current one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
iPhones must be called in to be unlocked. It cannot be completed online since iPhones are unlocked differently. just tell them it was your previous phone on the account and give them the info they need (IMEI number) and it should be all good
Dennis wrote:

iPhones must be called in to be unlocked. It cannot be completed online since iPhones are unlock...

I received an unlock code from koodo before I left home to go to mexico. I put in the new chip and the code they gave me to unlock my phone and it didn't work. How do I get a correct code?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

iPhones must be called in to be unlocked. It cannot be completed online since iPhones are unlock...

You would need to call Koodo again.  The unlock codes are for Android phones, Windows phones, and blackberries.  iPhones may require an update with itunes
Dennis wrote:

I can't find the phone number to call them again. I checked the web site and found nothing, can't remember where I found the number last time. I am in Mexico now and that makes things a lot more difficult. I will contact a friend with skype and see what I can do. Koodo doesn't make it easy to talk to them....
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

*611 from your Koodo phone or 1-866-995-6636 from any other phone.
Dennis wrote:

Thank you so much! Eternally grateful!
Thank you !