Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How can I get a loaner phone? My Iphone got wet and is in a bag of rice at the moment :( I have no landline to make calls

How can I get a loaner phone? My Iphone got wet and is in a bag of rice at the moment 😞 I have no landline to make calls so would like to look into getting another phone in case mine won't turn back on. How much does it cost to get one?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Once you phone is sent for repairs, the opportunity of a loaner phone is offered to you, subject to availability. You would need to do this through a physical location, usually.
David wrote:

Once you phone is sent for repairs, the opportunity of a loaner phone is offered to you, subject ...

I'm pretty sure that putting my phone in the wash with my laundry is not covered under warranty lol
So I guess I will try an actual location and see what they can do for me?
David wrote:

Once you phone is sent for repairs, the opportunity of a loaner phone is offered to you, subject ...

I'm in Moncton New Brunswick Canada any idea where I should go?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Take it to the Jump+ store. There is one in the Champlain mall. They are the closest thing to an Apple store you can get and can help you out with your repairs.
David wrote:

thank you!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

In the wash?  That's usually terminal, due to the laundry detergent, and the thorough agitation.

I had a 3Gs go for a swim, and the rice bag worked for me, but it was a dip of only a few seconds.

David wrote:

I actually don't use detergent I use crystal wash which are like these weird balls that clean your laundry so hopefully that means it will work again 🙂