Koodo Community

Community

How can I close my voicemail?

I'd like to close the voicemail of my phone since I don't really need it and many unnecessary voice messages are left inside and they do take me a lot of time to delete.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is not possible to disable voicemail, Kris. The good news is that they will disappear in time if you don't want to delete them 🙂
Userlevel 6
Just leave a long and rambling greeting saying something to the effect of "I don't check my email so don't leave one blah blah blah..." and eventually they'll give up
Call customer service and ask them to delete the voicemail system. Or go on line and choose a new program with no voicemail for your service..
Userlevel 6
Koodo can't disable the voicemail system on your line.
Every plan on every carrier includes voicemail, so there is no "new program with no voicemail"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Once upon a time there was an option to add an [i]extended absence greeting under greetings options. The extended absence greeting allowed you to have a message like: "This number does not accept voicemail, please send smoke signals", and then you could choose not to accept voicemails into your voice inbox. 
I don't know if this is still an option, though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Settings>Phone

Where your phone forward to your voicemail box when unanswered, just remove this number (maybe save this number in your contacts just incase you want voicemail back again)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Settings>Phone

Where your phone forward to your voicemail box when unanswered, just remove th...

That option is not available on my iPhone, Dennis. Only the option for my phone's number, which I presume deleting might create other problems.