Koodo Community
Question

how can I buy a new dim card without going to the store

• 20 March 2020
  • 7 replies

There is no rep now, but I need to buy a new sim card for my new phone, to keep my old number in Koodo. Without going to the store, how can I order that ?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why do you need a new Sim card? Your current one can be put into

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And in addition to Goran’s comment, there is no way to order just a new sim card directly from Koodo’s website.

You can try looking around online to see if someone is selling one on a third party website if you wish but otherwise you’ll have to go in store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

eBay.ca NOT ebay.com occasionally has them. Make sure to buy the correct type: prepaid and post-paid are not interchangeable. Some older stock may still be labelled with a $$ credit included, but that offer has expired.

My current one is an old SIM card, not a 3 in one, and it’s too big to put into my new phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Only one post is necessary for assistance. Please also do not “necro” old posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are folks with SIM cutters, but other than that, finding a store is the best solution, even if you have to find a way to meet social distancing guidelines. Else, the previous suggestions are the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you need a new replacement sim, there is not Koodo process for this that is not in-store.  So because of this, you will need to send Koodo a pirvate message via Facebook or Twitter to get this taken care of.