Koodo Community
Question

Horrible customer service

• 25 June 2015
  • 2 replies

I am absolutely disgusted with the service that I've received from koodo. This used to be a great alternative to the more expensive options out there, but I will be switching my whole families' phones as soon as possible. That's five phones that koodo will be losing, and maybe they don't really care, that's really the impression that I got on the phone. I do prepaid with all the phones in my family, because I like that I know exactly what is being spent and where. I bought my daughter a new iphone 5 which needed a new sim card. The card cost me $25. I accidentally added my phone to the card instead of hers. I tried to fix the error by putting my sim card number back in for my phone, and then put the new sim card on her phone and it would not allow me to do it, it said "sim card deactivated or invalid" When I called customer service I was told, well you made a mistake so too bad, basically go buy a new one. Then I was left on hold for about 45 minutes before I gave up. This is absolutely outrageous and if this is the kind of customer service that you now offer I am totally done and I will be telling everyone I know how awful your service is also.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If that was the way they told you, then yes that's horrible customer service. A Prepaid sim should only cost $20. All Koodo sims can only be activated to one account (phone number). Once activated to that one number it cannot be reused on another account (phone number). It's unfortunate, but that's how Koodo's sims work. There is no other recourse. There is nothing Koodo or anyone else can do. So the only option would be to purchase another sim and make sure you activate it under the right account on self serve. I'm sure it's not the answer you were looking for
Userlevel 6
Hi Julie, Dennis is right! Would you mind sending this feedback by email? We would like to check what happened over the phone with our representative: http://koo.do/11eMLdy. Please select the category "Social Media". Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.