Koodo Community

Community

Solved

High bill?

I am supposed to be paying 129.00 for my services and dont mind abit in overages (currently 100) how does my 229 phone bill become 430.00? Im supposed to be paying, at most, without overages, including tax, atleast 150.00

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Check your usage. In self serve You may be going over on charges that haven't yet been billed. Check page three of your bill to see what all the charges are about. If this is your first bill it includes Prorationing. You're on the spending limit program as well so unbilled charges can have a quite an impact on your services.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What does page 3 of your bill say? It provides a detailed breakdown there. Maybe you went way over your data or if you don't have unlimited minutes then maybe you were over your daytime allotment, which includes incoming calls in the minutes you have. Can you let us know what it says so w can further help explain ?
Well I wont know until my new bill is generated 2-3 days after my reset (sept 21) I been told that the largest amount there will always be my phone bill. I currently have the 129 plan with unlimited minutes, 10gb shockfree data and the like. Its just giving me anxiety, sorry fot taking your time
Userlevel 7
Kayla Hawley wrote:

Well I wont know until my new bill is generated 2-3 days after my reset (sept 21) I been told tha...

Is this your first bill? Did you have any amount owing left over from before? 
Kayla Hawley wrote:

Well I wont know until my new bill is generated 2-3 days after my reset (sept 21) I been told tha...

No, I was disconnected then paid my bill in full. I'm scared- I dont know if Ill be paying 700 or not, I cant understand anything, Im supposed to be paying atleast 230...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kayla Hawley wrote:

No apologies needed for "taking our time!" a couple more questions before waiting for your bill to generate : did you go over 10gb of data? And have you been making international calls or out of country an roaming?
Kayla Hawley wrote:

I went over by 100- Im trying to resolve issues with my phone. Anyway Im wondering where the extra 200 comes from, why its allways 400 something. 😨
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kayla Hawley wrote:

This has happened before ? What did those bills say?
Kayla Hawley wrote:

The bills would always be the same- 456.97.. Im actually starting to become afraid to use my service. I love koodo. Best carrier I ever had. I just dont understand how stuff works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kayla Hawley wrote:

Well there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a little afraid to use the service, Kayla. You do use a LOT of data... you might want to look into ways to give yourself some bill slack 🙂

Though this won't prevent you from having to pay your previous bills, have you tried to look into using WiFi instead of cell service for doing updates, watching movies, or other activities that use a lot of data. Do you connect to WiFi while not on the road?

(Not saying you have to, just trying to provide some suggestions to keep your bill lower)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kayla Hawley wrote:

I mean what do the bills say for detailed explanation on page 3? Can you provide us the full breakdown of charges that show up on there? Do you know how much data you are using? What show up I self-serve, your bill, and phone's data counter? When you have unlimited talk text and 10gb of data it greatly limits where th overages can be coming from.
Kayla Hawley wrote:

I cant find a page 3, but my august ebill says extra came from the reconnection fee.. and 52 something in HST/GST.. Please excuse me while I go jump off a bridge for not discovering this.. Lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kayla Hawley wrote:

Kayla, just took a quick look at your account. Here is how the numbers add up. I'm rounding as you do have the bill to look at the details but wanted explain things. As you said you have our $129 plan with 10GB. You topped for extra data which was $20. The you needed more data so and additional $190 in overage was used. Plus a US roaming add on was also purchased for $30. Add about $50 worth of taxes and it comes to what you see. I hope this helps to understand things a little more Kayla! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kayla Hawley wrote:

It's the third page of your bill. I'm not sure where you're not able to see it? You sai you have your previous bills. You will have to severely (to within 10gb at least) curtail your day usage by the looks of things. Keep in mind things like streaming can burn over 1gb a hour or if you're using it as a hot-spot that can also rack it up quick. If you're using your data in the US there's another huge factor at a rate of 5 dollars pe 20MB past the roaming data package. If you're in th US often and using large data you really ar better off using t-mobi or metropcs for much less per GB. Metropcs will get you 30 for 1gb and unlimited talk an text. Or straight talk 5gb f 45.
Badge +4
In the screenshot you've provided, Koodo is looking for a minimum payment of $330. Under current balance, it shows $0 for an outstanding bill amount, which suggests that the $330 was paid off. The $100 is likely for unbilled charges that have accumulated for September's bill. (Keep us posted with September's bill so we can assist you further).

It's best to get into the habit of logging into self serve and checking your spending limit balance often to avoid going over your spending limit and getting disconnected. As Sophia mentioned, try to use Wi-Fi whenever possible and turn off data when you're not using it. Personally, I would suggest changing to the $90 plan or less to keep costs down and to stay within your spending limit. Plan changes can be done once per billing cycle.