Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hi, I just moved to a monthly plan and my prepaid account has been blocked, I can't even call the customer service with it, what do i do?

I haven't even received a new sim and the customer service told me it will only take me 2-3hrs without network before fixing it, and now its 3days! Can't even call them to complain as I haven't got network on my phone

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you port your same # from your prepaid account to your new postpaid account? If so then that's the reason the other account was closed and you'll need to get a new so postpaid SIM Card and activate it on your new account asap as there's nothing else to do.
Yes i did, where do i get a new sim? Because the customer care agent told me they were gonna send me a new sim (I didn't remember to ask when) and i've been checking my mail but I haven't found anything
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you open your monthly account without activating sim card?
Well, it happened on phone while i was using my prepaid account (with a prepaid sim card) and now its blocked because i requested to move my prepaid number to my monthly account and will be sent a new sim (which i'm yet to see)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you already have a monthly plan, you can port your prepaid number into it. My understanding is that if you don't have a postpaid sim card, you don't have an active postpaid account = you can't port your prepaid number in. Yes, you need to contact Koodo. Do you have friends, family members, co-worker and/or neighbor who you can borrow a phone. Or is there a Koodo kiosk or Retail partners near you? They should help you to contact Koodo. http://koodomobile.com/en/on/storelocator.shtml
Userlevel 6
Calling customer service won't help. As the others said already you need to buy a new SIM card for a monthly plan. Go tons koodo store and all is going to work out as long as you have decent credit and they will activate you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Calling customer service won't help. As the others said already you need to buy a new SIM card fo...

[...and the customer service told me it will only take me 2-3hrs without network before fixing it.....] I don't understand why they told him this. I thought it might be better to call koodo to find out what's going on. Either way, to go to koodo store seems best option for him to sort this out 🙂
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

Calling customer service won't help. As the others said already you need to buy a new SIM card fo...

He may have misunderstood. I don't think koodo mails out SIM cards from their call centers. You either buy online or at stores.
Thanks guys, i got it fixed. I went to get a new sim from their kiosk and called the customer care using the kiosk's phone and they activated my account. I'm sure the mistake was with the fact that i was told i was gonna be sent a new sim, which i am positive i heard clearly that its what i was told. Nonetheless, thanks for your comments and all, God bless
Userlevel 6
Ibrahim Ogunsanya wrote:

Thanks guys, i got it fixed. I went to get a new sim from their kiosk and called the customer car...

Glad to hear all worked out! Come back here any time if you have questions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ibrahim Ogunsanya wrote:

Thanks guys, i got it fixed. I went to get a new sim from their kiosk and called the customer car...

Great (^_^)