Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hi, I am using $40 plan and has 1000 international mins but why still charge me the international call fees?

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Where are you calling?
Robert wrote:

Where are you calling?

China
Robert wrote:

Where are you calling?

I too have the same plan with 1000 free mins. I called England and was charged £6. Why????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Where are you calling?

Robert wrote:

Where are you calling?

I upgraded my phone and was told that the U. K. Was included in the free minutes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Where are you calling?

When did you upgrade your phone? I remember they used included UK. (A few month ago)
It seems they removed UK from the list in recent offer..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you get 1000 LD min because of new activation or device/phone upgrade? Simple plan change doesn't include this bonus. Check your self serve if this add on is included under your plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have charges shown up on your bill, or are you referring to the automated message which says "charges MAY apply"?
Userlevel 6
UK was included back in August as part of the back to school promo. If you call the UK often, or are able to set up UK forwarding numbers to call other destinations, the 1000 UK minutes are an available add-on for an extra $20 per month. Shame that they dropped UK from the 1000 overseas minutes promo for new activations / upgrades.
I have called to India and they have charge me for that and that is showing in my bill so now what should i do
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

I have called to India and they have charge me for that and that is showing in my bill so now wh...

How much did you get charged, Dhwani? What does your bill indicate? There are a few possibilities... one is perhaps you called during the day and it was taken from your "regular" minutes?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

I have called to India and they have charge me for that and that is showing in my bill so now wh...

Is it long distant charge or minutes overage charge?
What plan do you have?(How many minutes are included?)

Can you start a new post with those info?
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

they have shown me 700$ bill i have 40$ plan and when i have take they told me that you have 1000 min international calling and i have called to India
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

Can you take a look page 3 of your Ebill?
What does all the charges said?  Is it showing minutes overage, LD overage, Tab pay off...etc?

Your $40 plan includes 500 daytime minutes and they said 1000 International minutes.  
It means when you make calls to India, there is no International LD charges for first 1000 minutes(about 16 hours). But if you made more than that minutes, then you will get charge ILD charge of $0.50/min.
Plus, if you used up all your daytime minutes, then there will be minutes overage charges of $0.50/min as well. 
So, once you used up your day minutes and ILD minutes then still making call makes $1/min call to India.

Can you check your Ebill and check your usage. If you have more questions, then can you pls use this link to start a new post.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

I know that but they have charge me for that 1000 mins tooo
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

wait i just show you
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

Dhwani Pandya wrote:

seee this and secondly they have given me 1000 min so i will pay not pay for that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

I don't see that the 1000 international minutes has been added to your plan. You have:
$40 1GB 500 Minute plan
5pm evening & weekends
Additional data $5/100MB
Shock-free data
Unlimited SMS & MMS

The addition of the 1000 minutes may have been missed when you obtained the plan. If you signed up to the plan within the appropriate window, contact Koodo directly, and explain. If they agree that you did indeed sign on during the promotional period, I expect that will adjust your plan to include the 1000 minutes, and refund the overage. You would still of course be on the hook for  the 49 minutes in excess of the 1000.

To contact Koodo for Billing Inquiries: #227 from your mobile phone. You can also contact them on Facebook or Twitter.  How-To: you can send a tweet to@koodo - and one of Koodo’s agents will help take the conversation private, or send them a private message from facebook.com/koodo. Koodo Phone Numbers: *611 from your cellphone, or 1-866-995-6636.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

In addition I would recommend you upgrade to an unlimited minutes plan as got charged $66 for going over on local minutes. This will save you some money in the long run.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

Hi Dhwani - to David's point above, the long distance promo doesn't appear on your account. If you shoot us a private message on Facebook, one of our agents can look into this with you to verify what promo was available when you activated and help sort things out. 
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

sorry but i don't have account on facebook
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

Then you would need to call in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dhwani Pandya wrote:

You will have to call then. Dial 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636)