Koodo Community
Solved

Help with information about HST charge.

• 14 March 2019
  • 4 replies

I switched to Koodo in january 2019 for two smart phones @$50/mo. each less a $10 rebate for each and have noticed the HST added to my bills is more than $80 X 13%.

I've read on this forum that this is a long standing issue but an explanatory link that I tried to open wouldn't allow me access. If anyone has a link to the explanation could you please provide it so that I can find out what it says? Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by srlawren 14 March 2019, 23:54

HST is applied to the amount before the credits, (the credits are applied to the final amount). I would check if it was the case.

In other words, the credits act as rebates rather than as coupon discounts.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have a tabs on phones you got from Koodo? If so there's tax on each of those as well
Can you post a screenshot of one of your bills you have issue with and just blackout any of your personal info so we can get a better idea of what is going on? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HST is applied to the amount before the credits, (the credits are applied to the final amount). I would check if it was the case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In other words, the credits act as rebates rather than as coupon discounts.
Thanks for the replies to my question. The issue is resolved to my satisfaction.