Koodo Community
Solved

HELP ME, PHONE SENT TO ME IS NOT WORKING, CANT PICK CALLS, TEXTS , NOTHING. I AM IN A FIX!!!!!!!!

• 4 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I recently purchased an iPhone Xs max which was delivered on Wednesday this week (28th November), I have barely used it and to my surprise today (1st December), the display suddenly froze and all efforts to swipe up to unlock or even re-start it has proved futile.

I immediately took the phone to the Apple store in Chinook Centre, Calgary but was adviced to return the phone to the network provider from whom it was purchased. I attach herewith their Diagnosis and Description of the problem with the phone.

I also took the Phone to the nearest Koodo store and thereafter called Koodo customer service but was advised to contact the webstore and attach photos of the Phone condition. Please find attached photos of the phone, its accessories and the case.

Subsequent upon the above, I write to request for a replacement of the phone. I find it rather sad that a phone used within 3 days would suddenly develop an issue such as this. Kindly advice on how soon a replacement unit can be sent.

Thank you in anticipation of your prompt response.
icon

Best answer by B.Onayemi 4 December 2018, 20:51

Koodo WebStore is the worst customer experience I have experienced in my entire life. Goodness this is horrible....no response to emails, no response to calls, NOTHING.
View original

6 replies

Koodo WebStore is the worst customer experience I have experienced in my entire life. Goodness this is horrible....no response to emails, no response to calls, NOTHING.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need to contact the web store by email or phone call (leave a message) to request a return. Since you are within the 15 days, you can effect a return. Once the 15 days is over, you are back to the Apple Store for warranty work.

It may take time for the Webstore to send your return stuff, but your email to them sets the date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
Was it a manufacturer defect? I was surprised to hear Apple told you to return to Koodo. They should replace the device at the store. Did you ask them to return or what was the request? they should be able to replace the phone.
Thanks for the response, it is surly a manufacturers defect as the screen and nothing responds. Koodo web-store is not even responding to mails or calls. I have never been this frustrated. Apple said it is better i return it to koodo. I even went to a koodo store and they insisted it must be done online. Koodo don't seem customer centric. I HATE THEM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@B.Onayemi I think this is a known issue with the newer iPhone models like the Xs and Xs Max. Maybe try some of these troubleshooting steps to revive it?

https://drfone.wondershare.com/iphone-xs/iphone-xs-screen-not-responding.html

https://www.ikream.com/2018/11/how-to-fix-an-apple-iphone-xs-max-thats-frozen-or-not-responding-after-an-ios-update-troubleshooting-guide-30518

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8554350
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the response, it is surly a manufacturers defect as the screen and nothing responds. Koodo web-store is not even responding to mails or calls. I have never been this frustrated. Apple said it is better i return it to koodo. I even went to a koodo store and they insisted it must be done online. Koodo don't seem customer centric. I HATE THEM.

Apple should replace device for you, as it was under apple warranty. I cannot understand the Apple respond there. They cannot simply return, unless you tell them you didn't want the Xs max anymore or there was something else. Koodo doesn't fix Apple iphone. They have to return the device to apple themselfves.

If you return the device, Koodo would cancel the order. You can give a notice to them, they will send you a mailer. As long as you notify them before 15 days, they will honor the return. https://www.koodomobile.com/webstore-policies Email them is the best, as you could have a copy yourself.