Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help I can't set up SIM card

Ok so me and my mom share and Acct but I pay for my bill out of my own bank but I can't have access to the Acct .:./well I got A new phone and my mother is gone out of country and I need to activate this phone now u see I have none. Cancer and undergoing treatment I need to be in touch with my doctors I need help please someone

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What is your old phone and new one?
If your new phone uses same size sim card, take a sim from your old phone and put it into a new phone > restart and you are good to go.

If it's uses different size sim and if you are an account owner, you'll  need to call in and a rep will upgrade your sim card.(No charge for this service)

If your mother is account owner, then I believe she need to call Koodo to add you as an account authorized person.

I'm a little confused since you could get a new phone(from Koodo?) , but you can't access to the account... But if you are already an authorized person, you should be able to call in to switch your sim card.
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

What is your old phone and new one?
If your new phone uses same size sim card, take a sim from yo...

Just to add to Mayumi's point! If you know what the PIN is to the account, you will simply need to give it when you call in and the agent helping you will be able to complete the SIM swap 🙂