Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Had been texting friend on uk. But she got windows phone and now I receive her texts but she does not receive my replies

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone did she have before? And what phone did you have? If you both had iPhones, make sure she deletes her iMessage account!
I'm using the same iPhone 4s, she had an htc. Even texts on the same string come in but replies are not received at her end
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try sending an individual text using the plus sign + and the customer’s 11 digit mobile number and tell me if it works or the other way around, without the plus but with the correct country code. Try this on both phones! Also, if you are having trouble with your Windows Phone not sending texts (SMS) properly, try making sure the International Assist option is turned off. You can find this option in the Settings > applications > phone menu
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Try sending an individual text using the plus sign + and the customer’s 11 digit mobile number an...

OP doesn't have a Windows Phone, they said they're using the same 4S.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Try sending an individual text using the plus sign + and the customer’s 11 digit mobile number an...

Hmm,,, Had been texting friend on uk. But she got "windows phone" Before OP had iPhone and she had HTC, now OP has iPhone she has windows, no?
Robert wrote:

Iv'e tried this suggestion but when I hit send the phone number turns to the person's contact....and the text is not received. I have still received texts and phone calls from the contact.
Userlevel 7
Make sure you're sending the messages as SMS and make sure the contact info for your friend in the UK is their phone # and not an email used to register iMessage. Should be in the message settings somewhere.
Thank you and it is SMS (green balloons on iPhone).
Userlevel 6
Hi there, if your friend's provider is in this list http://koo.do/TAUO5h, I suggest that you contact our technical support. We should be able to help you 🙂 We can be reached at *611 from your cell or 1-866-995-6636 from another phone, option #6. Have your friend's phone number and provider ready as the technician will ask for these info. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.