Koodo Community

Community

GPRS Data Charge in Europe

So I travelled to Europe last week. Knowing ahead of time I was heading there, I added the International Data Roaming Add-on and the International Voice Roaming Add-on. I also switched to a 1Gb plan with lots of data remaining within the cycle. After a few days there I finally decided to turn on my phone cellular service (iPhone 6S) to try calling home with FaceTime. My wife never answered her call so I hung off and turned off my cellular data. After stopping at a wifi area, I went on my self-serve menu to see that I just used slightly over 1 Mb of data and I am almost billed $6 for this quick phone call on FaceTime that never happened. Why is it that with international data and voice roaming activated I am billed data????

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo offers only 1 international plan including data - the $40 for 30 days including 50 MB, 50 Minutes of talk and 50 Texts. They do not offer a plan which includes 1GB of data while travelling internationally. It would appear that you used International pay-per-use data at $5.00 /MB for your FaceTime call.

More info on International calling rates here.

Thanks David for your reply but I said that I activated two add-ons, that gave me international data and voice roaming, it is not a plan and I realise that. Why would they have fake add-ons if I needed an international plan I'm still confused. Anyone knows how to speak to a Koodo Rep?
Userlevel 7
Alex wrote:

Thanks David for your reply but I said that I activated two add-ons, that gave me international d...

The international data roaming add on only enables roaming data. You must then choose an appropriate roaming package. International data roaming is not included in any standard Koodo plan. For more information about roaming see the link below https://www.koodomobile.com/help/trav...