Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Getting iPhone 64GB subsidized through Koodo?

Will Koodo be getting the 64GB iPhone 5S? If not, would I be able to bring my own device and pick up the large tab? I get my monthly bills subsidized through work, so I'm looking for a carrier that will subsidize the 64 GB phone. I understand Koodo discounts the monthly plan if I bring my own device, but that would actually cost me more due to the fact that I cannot bill my company for my phone, only my monthly bill.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
I don't think Koodo will ever carry the 64GB, just as they didn't with the iPhone 5. Also, no Koodo does not and will not subsidize a purchase for an iPhone 5S somewhere else, even if you want to put it on a tab; It has to be through Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Apple offers financing through their retail outlets: http://store.apple.com/ca/instant_credit?mco=MTM3NDY3MDQ Now, it's obviously not a subsidy but the first 3 months are interest-free so you can pay it off within 3 months to spread the burden and not pay any interest.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always BYOD and get another phone direct from Koodo on the Tab L. You'll just have 2 phones 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You can always BYOD and get another phone direct from Koodo on the Tab L. You'll just have 2 pho...

And by doing this you can actually "subsidize your own phone". It's what I've been doing with various carriers over the years when wanting a phone not offered by them. I'll get a popular phone with great re-sale value and sell it as new in a sealed box for a bit less than the outright price would've been. The cash from that phone is then used to offset the outright cost of the phone I want. You're at a loss only if planning to leave your carrier, but since you're asking to be locked in for 2 years, it's a moot point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You can always BYOD and get another phone direct from Koodo on the Tab L. You'll just have 2 pho...

My thinking exactly