Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Getting Error texts from 533-7 everyday?

Everyday since I switched to Koodo from Telus I get text messages from 533-7. The message reads, "Error. No User Template for KDO. MDN: my phone number; NotificationCode:BLOCK_CAN_REMINDER_AUTH. What's going on?

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Brian.

I think it's something related to the porting. I'd say you would need to contact Koodo in order to solve that issue
Thanks Robert, I've been trying but their wait times are very long. Will give it another try. I appreciate the response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Jessome wrote:

Thanks Robert, I've been trying but their wait times are very long. Will give it another try. I a...

You can choose the call back option or message them on facebook (https://m.me/Koodo) or through twitter dm.
Brian Jessome wrote:

Thanks Robert, I've been trying but their wait times are very long. Will give it another try. I a...

Tried calling again and used the call back option. Thanks Allan. Never thought of a facebook message.
Hello, did they say why this was sent? I just received one today, not really sure what it means.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lily Warner wrote:

Hello, did they say why this was sent? I just received one today, not really sure what it means.

But, does your phone work? Did you port it recently as well?
Lily Warner wrote:

It's working fine. What do you mean by port
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lily Warner wrote:

Port as in did you transfer your number from another carrier? That is known as "porting."
I'm starting to get this message as well, I just ran out of data on Monday and I got the message yesterday and today.
me too i am having those weird messages. I wont click on them tho. WHat is going on KOODO????

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 5337 seems to be a number for data usage notification, what were your data usage status?
Error. No User Template for KDO. MDN: 2263439349; NotificationCode: BLOCK_CAN_REMINDER_AUTH what does this mean
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alysha Ahsyla wrote:

Error. No User Template for KDO. MDN: 2263439349; NotificationCode: BLOCK_CAN_REMINDER_AUTH what...

I have no clue, can you post a screenshot here, and also send a message to Koodo facebook and see what it was for.

It could be just some glitches. But I would suggest you check the data usage in your selfserve and see if anything peculiar there.
Alysha Ahsyla wrote:

Error. No User Template for KDO. MDN: 2263439349; NotificationCode: BLOCK_CAN_REMINDER_AUTH what...

I started getting them yesterday and got 4 during the night

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alysha Ahsyla wrote:

Folks, let us take a look what's going on. As soon as I have news, will let you know. 
I called koodo this morning and they said they are upgrading their text data settings and it is a glitch in the system and to ignore all of them as I too received 4 yesterday
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Helen Fish wrote:

I called koodo this morning and they said they are upgrading their text data settings and it is a...

Yes, that is correct Helen, although I'm not a happy camper of the outcome.-:( However, it looks like not everyone is impacted and the fix is also under way and should clear up soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Helen Fish wrote:

I called koodo this morning and they said they are upgrading their text data settings and it is a...

UPDATE: The issue is fixed and people shouldn't get this message again. If you do please let us know here. 
Helen Fish wrote:

We are reading this as my daughter just got the message come up on her phone I guess it's not fixed
Helen Fish wrote:

I just received this msg again!!!
Helen Fish wrote:

I've had 7 more between 11pm last night and just now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Helen Fish wrote:

Yes folks, if you are in the process of receiving notifications for your data usage this may still occur. Once you either reach the 'block/pause' phase (when you used all your data) it will automatically clear.@Meaghan, you are very close to fully using your datat for the month as you can see online too. I believe all should be back to normal in the next day or so. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Helen Fish wrote:

@Justin, for you the most recent data notification SMS you received (50%) seems it went through ok. At least I can see that from our end. Can you confirm? Thanks!
i have gotten 12 of these messages in the past 2 days...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Francois landry wrote:

i have gotten 12 of these messages in the past 2 days...[img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.ne...

You are not the only one : https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/koodo-keeps-txting-me-an-error-msg