Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Getting charged twiced

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Please provide more details. Is this your first bill? What's your monthly tab for your phone? Any overages? Could you provide a screenshot of where on the bill you got charged twice?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What exactly do you believe you are getting charged twice for? Keep in mind that your first bill is prorated so you will have partial charges for your first month and then full charges for the next month on your first bill.
My bad I forgot to add what confused me

So I just received my first bill from Koodo and there were a few things that confused me.

So basically I ported my old number over from Telus and I had a temporary number for about a day while I waited for it to be approved. I just received my first bill and from my understanding of my phone plan, I should be getting charged $60 (for the plan) + $15 (for the tab) + a prorate because Koodo charges a month and a week for the first bill. 

When I reviewed my bill I saw that I was getting charged for my tab on both phone numbers

I was wondering if anyone could explain this to me before I go and call Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Dylan,

How much tab have you paid overall?
Robert wrote:

Hello Dylan,

This is my first bill so I haven't paid any of my tab yet
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Dylan,

The problem is that you got charges for your tab twice on your bill? I believe that you should get charged your tab once on the partial month, then again for the next month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Dylan,

Hey Dylan - phone number changes mid-cycle, at or shortly after activation will cause billing for the tab to show up this way. The good news is that you're not out of pocket as it just goes towards paying off your tab balance, but that's why you're seeing the monthly tab amount applied to both numbers. 
Robert wrote:

Hello Dylan,

I was charged twice for the same two weeks after transferring from Telus.  I told the help line rep at Koodo, but he said he saw different dates, ones for the next month's bill, which makes more sense.  Ten days on, the error is still showing on my online bill.  My credit card will soon be processing the amount, and I can only hope the payment will go towards the actual future bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Dylan,

Since we can't see your bill, it is really difficult to offer constructive comment.