Koodo Community
Question

Frustrated!

I have an iPhone 4s, and I can't send or receive picture texts from friends who don't have iPhones (Blackberry, or Samsung) I'm sure I have unlimited everything.

42 replies

Userlevel 5
Is your cellular data turned on and unblocked? that is a requirement.
Yes all that is turned on, I've been through the settings, my iPhone guy friend checked the settings, but still it doesn't work.
Userlevel 5
If that's the case theres probably an error or glitch on the back end and you'll have to call tech support to have them check that out. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337 or *611 from your cell phone. I think it's option 5 for tech support but make sure you listen to the prompts in case it's something different. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
ok, Thank you 🙂
Userlevel 5
No problem. If it's what I think it is, it should be a relatively quick phone call once you get someone on the phone 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just noticed you stated you have unlimited everything and wanted to make sure that you know that koodo doesn't offer unlimited data so you don't have unlimited data so keep an eye on your usage so you don't go over your data limit.
Oh right, I have 2 gigs of data, but I rarely, if ever get close to that.
What do you think the problem is? I called tech support today, and they were confused about what the problem is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What do you think the problem is? I called tech support today, and they were confused about what ...Have you tried turning off iMessages and then sending out trying to receive a picture message
Yes and it still doesn't work. It's sort of like my phone is partially unlocked.
Userlevel 5
I guess the next question might be is it a Komodo iPhone or did it come from a different carrier?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I guess the next question might be is it a Komodo iPhone or did it come from a different carrier?Autocorrect got the best of you, didn't it? 😉
It came from a different carrier (Rogers), but the SIM card was installed and it works fine other than the no data when wi-fi is turned off, or not being able to send pictures by text.
Userlevel 5
Is it factory unlocked or is it jail broken and unlocked?
I'm not really sure. I guess jail broken and unlocked. Everything works fine except for those two things mentioned above.
Userlevel 5
Ok what version of iOS is it running ( settings, general, about) will give you that information.
Userlevel 5
Ok. Under settings and general do you see a network option? (I'm googling stuff and might be closing into an answer)
There is a network under About and it says Koodo
Userlevel 5
Ok what I'm hoping we can find is on the general menu (not about) is an option that says network (another site says cellular). After picking that it should have a cellular data network option. Both sites say it's under general, but I suppose it could be in the cellular option on the main settings screen as well.
Yes I have that in Cellular. The cellular data is currently turned on, then Enable 3G which is on, and finally data roaming which is off. I can't find anything else that says network other than the one in About
Userlevel 5
Ok I kinda done have much more for ideas, but I was trying to find a place to edit your APN settings (only possible on jailbroken iPhones I believe). These settings are required for data to work on the cell network. If you can find that option jump to step 2 here. http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data-basics/how-do-i-setup-data-on-my-non-koodo-phone Only other thing I can think of is try a sync with iTunes in a computer, sometimes that works as well to load the settings on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok I kinda done have much more for ideas, but I was trying to find a place to edit your APN setti...You can manually edit APN settings on unlocked iPhones. They do not require jailbreaking.
Userlevel 2
Ok I kinda done have much more for ideas, but I was trying to find a place to edit your APN setti...I have not see a single Iphone where the APN is able to be edited.
It's under Profile. I have used unlockit.co.nz and that worked for using data on 3G, but the picture text never worked. The data on 3G doesn't work anymore. I've already tried removing it and reinstalling it.