Koodo Community
Question

frustrated

need help with solving a problem getting faxes to my cell number this is many a day

19 replies

Userlevel 4
What is the problem? Details needed
Userlevel 2
Is it even possible to receives faxes on your cell? What phone do you have? I'm not aware of any phone that is capable of receiving faxes.
I am getting what sounds like a fax call to my cell and it is from a blocked number
Received 12 so far today stArted this morning at 7:20
When I answer my smart phone it sounds like a fax call
Userlevel 4
Someone is obviously dialing the wrong number. What kind of phone do you have?
I have a smart phone but wouldn't you think after 2 days of calling you would figure it out that it's a wrong number, so far just today I have had over 12 calls and it sounds like a fax. The only suction apparently is to change my number
Suppose to read solution
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sandra, rather than changing your number (which is a huge pain I'm sure), would it not be possible to find out who that fax number belongs to? Sometimes you can reverse find numbers in the Yellow Pages, or try to send a fax to them... or even call the number (it might have a phone attached). If all else fails you could change the number but I wouldn't give up that easily.
We had something similar with our landline once, and yes it absolutely drives you bonkers, this frightful SCREECH in your ears but we didn't leave a stone unturned to find who sent it, giving up our number was not an option.

The sad part, we never did find out. The good part, the calling DID stop after a few days... I think a fax machine just keeps on trying until the owner finally finds out they dialed the wrong number!
Userlevel 4
Well the lack of details sis not helping. What I would need to know is the exact kind of phone you have. 99% of the phones that Koodo has are smartphones. Brand name and model of said brand.
Sandra, rather than changing your number (which is a huge pain I'm sure), would it not be possibl...It is a blocked number so don't have a clue where it's coming from, yesterday it was a blocked number and a number that I could reverse look up but no info so faxed them told them wrong number and still getting the blocked caller. will keep my number for weekend if it continues have no other choice but to change number
Well the lack of details sis not helping. What I would need to know is the exact kind of phone yo...iPhone 5
Smartphone 5 apple
Badge +4
Try this method Sandra. To block a phone number that recently called your iPhone: 1. Navigate to Phone -> Recents 2. Touch the blue information circle (i) next to the phone number 3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Block this Caller 4. Touch Block Contact This method works where there's an actual phone number to block and won't work otherwise. You did mention that there was a phone number you were able to perform a reverse look-up, so you could use this method for that number. If the calls continue, you're only other option would be to change your number.
Sandra instead of changin the number you can block it. If you have the IPhone 5 then you're running iOS7 Open up the Phone app at the bottom of your home screen. At the bottom of the window you should see 'Recents'. Click this. You will see a list of recent callers. Click the i next to the number you wish to block. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the option to 'Block this Caller'. Click it and confirm your choice. That's it!
Badge +4
Sandra instead of changin the number you can block it. If you have the IPhone 5 then you're runni...It wont block unknown or blocked numbers and needs an actual phone number to work.
Sandra instead of changin the number you can block it. If you have the IPhone 5 then you're runni...thank you so much…i was able to block one of the numbers and not the other as there was no number but i am hoping that maybe they are the same and someone was using *67 or whatever * time will tell and thank you again
Badge +4
Sandra instead of changin the number you can block it. If you have the IPhone 5 then you're runni...You're welcome and keep us posted.
Your'e most welcome Sandra!