Koodo Community

Community

Solved

frequent 3G data timeouts on iphone 4 - Any other reports of this?

Userlevel 1
In response to@Fo_Drizzle on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Fo_Drizzle/status/390441528336080897 @koodo I'm getting frequent 3G data timeouts on iphone 4 since ios7/carrier setting 15.0 update. Any other reports of this?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try resetting your network settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that any wifi passwords saved on your phone will be lost when you do this
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you're running a VPN profile, try removing that as well.
Tried resetting network settings - no improvement. Not using VPN. Data works fine so long as your continually accessing it (eg like streaming audio or video). Where it times out is in intermiittent usage, like scrolling a Twitter feed where every so often it has to occasionally download a thumbnail of some type or another as it scrolls by, or in apps that refressh at ~ 1 minute intervals or so (like live sports scores). The way to fix it is to turn off cellular data, then turn it back on (usually just activate airplane mode w/ control center, then deactivate it). This forces a new connection with the network, which works fine for a short while, then eventually times out again. I experienced a nearly identical issue w/ Rogers a couple of years ago, and the problem turned out to be a minor incompatibility between the newest phone carrier setting and the cellular towers. I bring that up as I'm quite sure I did not experience this issue with the Koodo 14.x carrier setting - only since it's changed to 15.0.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Darin B wrote:

Tried resetting network settings - no improvement. Not using VPN. Data works fine so long as ...

If it is the carrier setting, I would recommend giving a call to Tech support (*611) so they can investigate
Userlevel 2
What's up with this hootsuite app posting questions constantly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

What's up with this hootsuite app posting questions constantly?

Since this community has been so awesome and the best way to get answers, Koodo is using the Hootsuite app to forward/post questions people are asking from twitter and Facebook so questions can all be answered in the community by people like us ^^