Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Found someone's buried treasure

We found an iPhone4 in the ocean (in a waterproof case) in Cancun. We brought it home with us in the U.S. The SIM card is Koodo. Do you recommend how we can locate the owner? Or if not, how to make the phone useable, as it is disabled?

10 replies

Userlevel 4
If possible, call Koodo at 1-866-995-6636. they might be able to look up the account and contact the owner.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AWESOME story Angela, this is better than "Message in a Bottle" 😃 Please let us know what comes out of this, we're all so romantic at heart 😃
Userlevel 4
Sophia wrote:

AWESOME story Angela, this is better than "Message in a Bottle" 😃 Please let us know what comes ...

Speak for yourself 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

AWESOME story Angela, this is better than "Message in a Bottle" 😃 Please let us know what comes ...

Eww, MEN 😃
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

I'm with Tyler on this one 😛
Userlevel 4
That's great ! definitely give customer service a call and see if that person can be contacted! I'd love to see the outcome of this! I hope that person can be reunited with their phone 🙂 !
Userlevel 6
There are official folks on this forum. One of them is Ashley. If you ask me she would be the best to make sure the phone get returned to the owner. Call center is ok but I often find it's best to talk to head office if you want these type of things solve. Someone will be very thankful for your honesty Angela!
Userlevel 7
Please keep Us updated!
Userlevel 1
Wow this is so nice of you Angela! I've sent you an email, shoot me a reply when you get a chance 🙂
Unfortunately my husband was not aware I wanted to track down the owner. He wanted to give it to a friend and the phone was reformatted. No treasures left.... I called Koodo after that anyway -- and they could not trace anyone to the SIM card #. So, not a happy ending...I'm sorry to say. 😞 We'll be sure to communicate better if we find a phone again!