Koodo Community

Community

Solved

First time user.

I am currently on the Canada Wide limited time plan that's for 29 dollars. It says evening and weekends 5PM, unlimited messaging, Canada wide calling and call display, voicemail. Has a circle next to it. I would just like to know if Unlimited Message are available only after 5 and the Canada wide calling as well, also if I send just a text message to someone down in the states or over seas will I be charged, since it says unlimited texting. Also just the clarify the unlimited calling is after 5PM right?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
The unlimited messaging is ALWAYS unlimited 😃 Canada wide calling is always available too it's just that from 5pm to 8 am it will not use any airtime (minutes). No, you will not be charged for texting someone in the states. 🙂
So.. If I were to call before 5 that would take minutes yes? How about texting someone in Malaysia or Europe? I mean is the messaging free or will I be charged if I do it to the states and Europe or anywhere in the world
Userlevel 7
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

So.. If I were to call before 5 that would take minutes yes? How about texting someone in Malaysi...

I believe you can text internationally anywhere although someone correct me if I'm wrong. Yes calls before 5 would take minutes unless it's during the weekend.
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

So.. If I were to call before 5 that would take minutes yes? How about texting someone in Malaysi...

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

You can text internationally to anyone, but in order for the person to properly receive it, they must be on a carrier that has an agreement with Koodo. Its listed somewhere on their website of which carriers in which countries.
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

So if they aren't with Koodo they won't get the message? I just talked with. Koodo representative and he says I could message anyone any time as long as it's not a picture text
Userlevel 7
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

Their carrier must have an agreement with Koodo or they might not get the message. There's no charge to send the message anyway so a good test would be to text the person with a message like "hey it's Gurpinder, tell me you got this message"
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

The person I'm texting is using DiGi. She says she can't read my messages.
Userlevel 7
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

Where is she?
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

Malaysia, Kuching
Userlevel 7
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

According to what I'm reading you can send her plain text messages but not picture or video messages. http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/text-and-messaging/what-calling-code-do-i-use-for-international-texts
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

I can see her messages but when I send her anything she does not receive them. Something on her end?
Userlevel 7
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

Try to text yourself. If the message goes through then your text service is working. If your text services are working then it's on her carriers end. Ask her to contact DiGi for more information.
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

My texts seem to be working just fine. I'll tell her to ask her carrier. So just to clarify I am not bring charged for these right?
Userlevel 7
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

No, all of koodos recent plans include unlimited international texting.
Gurpinder Mand wrote:

Cheers