Koodo Community

Community

Question

Final Payment Not Withdrawn

Userlevel 3
At the beginning of Dec I switched from Koodo postpaid to Koodo prepaid. My online postpaid account shows $192.88 (final closing payment) withdrawn from my bank account on Dec 29th with zero balance owing. It is now Jan 8th and no sign of any amount actually being withdrawn from my bank account? Should it take this long?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Normally not but there could be a backlog or the combination of being over the holidays and backlog or something delaying it but if it shows as paid then it'll come eventually. I wouldn't worry about it.
Userlevel 3
Maybe Koodo paid it for me as a Christmas.gift
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would take a screen shot that they withdrawn on Dec.29 and that you have a 0 balance for you records just in case
Userlevel 3
Dennis wrote:

I would take a screen shot that they withdrawn on Dec.29 and that you have a 0 balance for you re...

I am ahead of you. I am the queen of screenshots. I actually messaged koodo on facebook today as I hate things being unresolved. I have read several times on these boards of people being sent to collections because they didn’t pay their last koodo bill, even though they thought they had. Maybe what happened to them is what is happening to me - they get a notice saying the bill is paid, but the money is never actually withdrawn from their account. Koodo catches it sometime later and sends them to collections. (Or maybe they just don’t pay their bills). Anyway, it is 10 days since they show the payment being made and still not debited from my bank account, but my first top-ups (for new prepaid accounts) were withdrawn today. I understand it will probably take a few days for koodo to get back to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I would take a screen shot that they withdrawn on Dec.29 and that you have a 0 balance for you re...

That is very responsible of you.  Dont expect a quick reply.  They are still working on the backlog from Dec and are trying to prioritize questions based on urgency