Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Family Plan

Userlevel 1
Does Koodo offers family plan like Rogers? My wife got a iPhone from her work and we'd like to create a plan where we can share data. She will use some and myself don't use any. I'm currently at the basic with 100MB but I'd like to create a new plan. We both have iPhones. Koodo? Do you?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Sorry, Koodo doesn't offer share plans. But take a.look at the available plans. You may find something that fits her needs and yours with different plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo doe not. The most you get is unlimited calls between lines on the same account in Canada. The both of you could get the 40 dollar for 1gb plan and still come out ahead compare to Rogers share everything 2gb plans.
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

Koodo doe not. The most you get is unlimited calls between lines on the same account in Canada. T...

Does it work with bringing my own iPhone ?
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

Koodo doe not. The most you get is unlimited calls between lines on the same account in Canada. T...

The Iphone 6 was own by her employer she got it free, I don't know if it's locked or,unlocked, does Koodo fix this issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You can bring your own iPhone but it need to be unlocked or with Koodo/Telus network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Koodo cannot unlock iPhones from other carriers. It needs be done by the originating carrier.

Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

David, this is a contradiction with Robert(above), he wrote that Koodo can unlock it,, who is right who is wrog
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

Koodo can not unlock iphone from other carriers.
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

Thanks chad, what can I do? Where do I unlocks this iPhone 6 so Imcan bring it into a Koodo pla
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

You will have to contact the carrier that originally sold the device...if the device was purchased directly from Apple, it may already be unlocked. Contact the original owner or visit any kiosk and ask to test a sim.
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

My wife got it from her work and it was switching to a new company. They gave away old assets to employees. She got the iPhone 6. We don't know who was the carrier or who sold the iPhone, I wonder if you can be kind a reply with some pro advice in this ordeal, I'd appreciate it very much
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

Just try any working sim card...if it works you're good. She could also ask at work who the previous carrier was. Check the sim tray also, the carrier sim may still be present
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

Indeed it has a SIM card. I should go to the carrier, will they unlocked for me to take it back to Koodo, what happen if they said no?
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

Try a koodo sim first...the phone will tell you if it's locked.

If the original carrier won't unlock it you can buy an unlock from cellunlocker.net

It'll cost you 100$ or more however Edit: If you have the original sim, was the carrier TELUS? If so the phone can be used with Koodo without having to unlock it.
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

Thanks Chad. I never thought it will be so difficult to unlocked an iPhone 6, and expensive. One last question, why Koodo doesn't provide this service to current clients who want to bring more business ifor kooodo, like me, I'm a Koodo client and I want to bring my wife inotmthe platform" it doesn't make any sense. Anyway, Chad, thanks and later
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

Iphone is a different beast to unlock.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You wife's phone can also be placed on the other carrier's plan for a long enough period to qualify for the unlock (90 days) then ported to Koodo.
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

The iPhone was given to her as freebie form her company because it was lay off