Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Eliminating Data overage charges on iPhone

Does Koodo have any unlimited texting plans that don't have data ? My kids have iPhones and they go over their data amounts every month. It looks like the $29 Canada (Light) plan has a pay per usage for data...does anyone use this and would this plan solve my problem?

6 replies

Yes the $29 plan will work for you as far as getting you kids unlimited text message. You can have the data disable so you don't get any extra data charges. However your kids won't be able to send or receive any imessage or do anything Internet related unless they are connected to WiFi.
G@R¥. wrote:

Yes the $29 plan will work for you as far as getting you kids unlimited text message. You can hav...

Any idea how the pay per usage works for this $29/month plan ? Is it just like all the Koodo plans where I just get hit with the overage amount when I felt my monthly bill, or do I have to pre-pay for the data first before I use it ?
Userlevel 6
G@R¥. wrote:

Yes the $29 plan will work for you as far as getting you kids unlimited text message. You can hav...

Charges are always after use on monthly plans. If you out your kids on prepaid plans they can't use data unless you buy a set amount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try prepaid.
$15 for unlimited text with no data or talk. You can buy boosters that roll over forever until you use them as long as you keep paying the base plan.

Automatic top ups also give you 10% back in credits.

Which basically amounts to $13.50/ month. You just have to own your own phone http://koodomobile.com/en/on/prepaid.shtml
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Try prepaid.
$15 for unlimited text with no data or talk. You can buy boosters that roll over ...

Whoops.....didn't scroll down far enough:-) you gave the answer already.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Try prepaid.
$15 for unlimited text with no data or talk. You can buy boosters that roll over ...

Lol Don't worry about it