Koodo Community

Community

Easy Roam Data Does Not Work

Using an iPhone 8, with a plan that has 4GB data per month, my data is not working in Belize using Easy Roam. How can I get it to work? Am I supposed to turn my Cellular feature to Roaming On or will that incur more charges? 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need roaming on in order to Roam. You're already paying for roaming through easy Roam there are no additional charges beyond going over your included data
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you login to self serve and check add-ons, make sure the free roaming talk and data add-ons are included
Mine did not work when I was in Europe. I had paid $20/month for 2 months in advance to cover all roaming fees. When I got home, I had a bill for almost $500. I was sad.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Caroline KG wrote:

Mine did not work when I was in Europe. I had paid $20/month for 2 months in advance to cover al...

When did this occur?

How much of that was for Data according to your detailed pdf ebill downloaded from self serve?

Caroline KG wrote:

Mine did not work when I was in Europe. I had paid $20/month for 2 months in advance to cover al...

I am I Germany right now, and can't send any text. Was in Czech last four days and same problem. Not happy!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Caroline KG wrote:

Dennis, Mobile Master said: When you login to self serve and check add-ons, make sure the free roaming talk and data add-ons are included. Have you confirmed these have been applied?
Caroline KG wrote:

Yes, I have, they are.
Caroline KG wrote:

I can receive a text, but can't send any.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Caroline KG wrote:

Have you changed the address you send texts to? For instance,  +14161234567 for a Toronto number?

Can you call a local phone number in Germany, or a Canadian number using the +1 format or 001-416-123-4567?

Caroline KG wrote:

I haven't changed any address or destination numbers or data. Should I ? I didn't want to make any calls, so I'm not certain . March 29 I activated all the easy roam options from my mobile. I am now in Austria for 3 nights. Then Germany for 3 more.
Caroline KG wrote:

On my koodo web page account settings, I don't see a charge or activation now for the service, but each time I go airplane mode off across a intl border, I get a confirmation text that it is active.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Caroline KG wrote:

Does the text confirm it is active, or does it state *IF* a plan is active or THAT a plan is active? Here's an xxample of the *IF* message. Your self serve should indicate if Easy Roam is on your account.

Yes, you would need to adjust your contact's number for SMS to go through.
Where were you when you activated Easy Roam? Canada? You can add Easy Roam through Self-serve as described here, if you need to be sure.