Tell us more about your issues.
Want to have some kind of service but can't connect with Koodo
Ken Godsalve wrote:

Tequila not so good
Userlevel 7
Ken Godsalve wrote:

Koodo does not have signal in Mexico, you would be connecting on whatever network is there and pay roaming fees for usage.
Ken Godsalve wrote:

Can I get a different chip just for My travels in Mexico?
Ken Godsalve wrote:

Mobile master lol
Userlevel 7
Ken Godsalve wrote:

If your phone is unlocked, you can get a SIM card for a mexican provider and use that.  Just make sure you don't loose your Koodo SIM card.
Ken Godsalve wrote:

How would I know if unlocked
Userlevel 6
Ken Godsalve wrote:

Agreed with Mathieu. There are some very cost-effective options in Mexico. In fact, with AT&T Mexico, you can get a sim that'll roam at no extra cost in USA and Canada, so you'd be able to keep the Mexican number when you return to Canada.
Ken Godsalve wrote:

So I can just keep swapping SIM cards as I travel? I don't want to lose my Canada #
Userlevel 7
Ken Godsalve wrote:

The only way to tell for sure is by putting in another SIM card in the phone. It is most likely locked unless you bought it unlocked.
Userlevel 6
Ken Godsalve wrote:

@Ken: if you got the phone from Koodo and never unlocked it, it'd be carrier locked.
By inserting a sim card from any provider in the world other than Telus, Koodo or Public Mobile, it'll ask you for an unlock code. Once you input the correct code, it'll be unlocked for life.
For an android, order the unlock code on ebay, you'll have it within 12 hours most likely.
Userlevel 6
Ken Godsalve wrote:

@Ken: your Canadian number is linked to your Koodo sim. It'll be working again once you put it back in your phone when you return to Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ken Godsalve wrote:

It's an iphone, Ken will need to call in to unlock.  There would be a small chance he would need to connect to itunes if the unlock runs into issues
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ken Godsalve wrote:

It's an iphone, Ken will need to call in to unlock.  There would be a small chance he would need to connect to itunes if the unlock runs into issues
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ken Godsalve wrote:

Take a few minutes and sign into the Koodo self serve website. Add the free “International Voice Roaming" and / or the free “International Data Roaming” add on. Then turn airplane mode on and off. When your phone connects it should be working. Buying any of the Travel Add-ons on a postpaid plan only nets you a savings on your roaming fees, it does not change anything about the ability of the phone to roam. Without the Voice / Text / Data Add-on, you can still roam at pay-per-use prices. 

See this post for more info.