Koodo Community

Community

Solved

dropped calls. cant even call 611

I'm getting dropped calls, text failure, huge battery draining from my phone. i'll be in the same area of the house and i'll go from 3-4 bars to nothing. i'm right in the city of motreal. i was on the phone with koodo for quite a while and then the call got dropped. i can;t make any calls to call them back and certainly don't want to stay on the phone for another hour again this afternoon. any ideas? i'm not very happy about this problem.
icon

Best answer by Jonathan I 1 February 2014, 17:24

Indoor service isn't guaranteed, unfortunately. Building materials can interfere with signals. There's a few options for you: - get a signal booster for your house but they aren't cheap. - try replacing the SIM card. Over time they can get scratched, chipped, etc. or sometimes just outright fail altogether. Do you have a home phone or maybe someone else's phone that will work to call customer service about this? Then there's your battery drain issue. If the phone's constantly searching for signals then that will ruin it but other than that, how long have you had your iPhone? If you bought it new from a carrier or Apple, it's under 1 year of warranty and you can always look into getting it serviced.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Indoor service isn't guaranteed, unfortunately. Building materials can interfere with signals. There's a few options for you: - get a signal booster for your house but they aren't cheap. - try replacing the SIM card. Over time they can get scratched, chipped, etc. or sometimes just outright fail altogether. Do you have a home phone or maybe someone else's phone that will work to call customer service about this? Then there's your battery drain issue. If the phone's constantly searching for signals then that will ruin it but other than that, how long have you had your iPhone? If you bought it new from a carrier or Apple, it's under 1 year of warranty and you can always look into getting it serviced.