Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Doesn't work cellular data

I have a prepaid account. Was out of Canada for almost a month. When got back topped up my phone and got two boosters (minutes + 1Gb internet). Minutes are active, but when trying to go online - it says that cellular data is not working. What is the problem? Should I contact customer support?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm pretty sure you just need to check if your network settings are correct, Ved... on a lot of phones this can be found under "More Networks", "Mobile Networks", see if Mobile data is checked and the Access Point Names set to sp.koodo.com (and ticked) 🙂 Then reboot.
Userlevel 7
Hi Ved,

I would recommend shutting down the phone and removing the SIM card for a few moments, then putting the SIM card back in and powering the phone on again. 
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Ved,

I would recommend shutting down the phone and removing the SIM card for a few moments, t...

Tried already 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

I'm pretty sure you just need to check if your network settings are correct, Ved... on a lot of p...

Ayay, and what happens if you slide the "Automatic" bar to the right?

Also, can you post a screenshot of your APN settings please?
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Ved,

I would recommend shutting down the phone and removing the SIM card for a few moments, t...

Are you sure that the add-on is active?
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

I'm pretty sure you just need to check if your network settings are correct, Ved... on a lot of p...

From Koodo's site:

How do I setup data on my iPhone?
  1. Backup your iPhone (using iCloud or iTunes). Go to Settings >iCloud > Storage & Backup.
  2. Insert your new Koodo SIM card.
  3. Set up your phone as a new iPhone, or restore it from iCloud or iTunes.
Linked here.

Mathieu wrote:

Hi Ved,

Pretty sure, but could be unactive
Sophia wrote:

It automatically connects to koodoo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Silly question......
You have turned on Cellular data in Settings?
Settings > Cellular Data
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

dfbutt, you see the LTE in the top left of the screenshots. I'm pretty sure that only displays when the data is turned on.
Sophia wrote:

Sophia wrote:

I have turned on the cellular data. Maybe I should write something down in APN settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Those settings look correct to me... and I don't think you can change anything on an iPhone (I didn't notice that you have an iPhone before)... 

You said you bought a 1GB booster, when you log in, does it show under "Booster usage" that you have data available to you? 

This is what it looks like for me:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

You can change them on an unlocked iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It honestly sounds like the booster wasn't applied to the account. But just in case it's your phone, please try resetting your network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You'll lose WiFi passwords.
Userlevel 3
Hey Ved! Has resetting your network settings helped? Were you ever able to use Data before? You can also check your Self-Serve or reach out to customer service to make sure that the booster has been successfully added! Keep us posted 🙂