Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does the iPhone 5S 16 GB come with iOS 7 or iOS 8?

This is a factor in choosing Koodo. If I have to upgrade to iOS8 after buying, it will take up space on the phone.

15 replies

Userlevel 6
I think it comes with IOS 7 but i cant confirm at 100%
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can always install iOS8 via itunes
Userlevel 7
There's no way any iPhone thats shipped out now by any carrier or Apple to have iOS 7. It will at least be 8.0
Userlevel 7
Apple always ships their products with their latest operating systems when shipped. If you bought an iPhone 4 today it would come with iOS 7.1.2 (the latest available for it) and not iOS 4.0 which was what was the first system that iPhone ran.
Mathieu wrote:

Apple always ships their products with their latest operating systems when shipped. If you bought...

No. I bought an iPad Air 2 directly from Apple's online store last week, and it came with 8.1.2. What software they come with depends on when they were manufactured, not when you buy.
Ok, consensus sounds like it will come with iOS 8. Would love it if someone who recently bought an iPhone 5S from Koodo could confirm. Aside from that, I'll just hope it does...
Starmak wrote:

Ok, consensus sounds like it will come with iOS 8. Would love it if someone who recently bought a...

Each store can have stock from different batches. They can't confirm it.
Starmak wrote:

Ok, consensus sounds like it will come with iOS 8. Would love it if someone who recently bought a...

Ok. In that case I'll ask at a store to be sure. Thanks.
"it will take up space on the phone." What? If that really does happen, use iTunes for a clean install.
Hellothere wrote:

"it will take up space on the phone." What? If that really does happen, use iTunes for a clean in...

I read an article somewhere that said this was a problem. Just worried about 16 GB already not being much space — wish Apple made the 32 GB easier to find! But maybe I could just do a clean install.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hellothere wrote:

"it will take up space on the phone." What? If that really does happen, use iTunes for a clean in...

What you read was true at the beginning but they fixed it in small updates so you don't need to worry about that!
Hellothere wrote:

Oh, awesome. Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Nice to know thanks for the info!
Userlevel 4
It comes with iOS 8. I just got one a couple months ago and it had it on it.
Melissa wrote:

It comes with iOS 8. I just got one a couple months ago and it had it on it.

Sweet! Thank you. I'll still ask at the store, since they might be selling older ones.