Koodo Community

Community

does prepaid auto renew itself once i paid for monthly prepaid

Confused on my prepaid monthly

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Prepaid accounts require you to get a base plan. This plan is what is renewed and stays the same every month. With your base plan you can purchase boosters to get more minutes, data, etc.
As long as you have credits in your account the base plan will automatically renew itself. Boosters do not automatically renew themselves and you will have to buy more when you run out or want more.
Ok Im all new to this, I just activated account last month for monthly prepaid, so I just bought my monthly plan of $35 and apllied it to my plan prepaid account, so it will renew automatically on its own ,right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
adeena paulette wrote:

Ok Im all new to this, I just activated account last month for monthly prepaid, so I just bought ...

As long as you have a credit/visa debit card set up on your account then yes it will auto renew. Otherwise you will have to manually add credits to the account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
adeena paulette wrote:

Ok Im all new to this, I just activated account last month for monthly prepaid, so I just bought ...

Log on to self-serve. You can set up automatic payments here:

If your plan is $35, set an automatic top-up of $35. When your current month is about to end, you will get a text warning you that you should top up, which you can ignore since you're on automatic. A day or so later, they will debit your auto amount, and apply a credit of the auto amount + 10% to your account. (Taxes are extra).

So for a $35 top up, you will be accumulating $3.50 per month because of the auto top-up bonus. You can use this balance for boosters or apply it your monthly bill.

Be aware that if you change your baseplan, you pay for it and it gets applied immediately and your existing baseplan is cancelled. There are no refunds for partial months, so best to do any of these changes at the end of your billing period.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/i-changed-my-prepaid-plan-from-35-month-to-15-after-o...
adeena paulette wrote:

Ok I think I got it coz I dont have a credit card nor do I have a VISA debit card.. Just plain ole debit card.. Im still abit worried that even tho i put $35 on my prepaid today that I will still have to manually set my $35 to renew on Sunday when its dued... Ughhh... Wishing koodos didnt make it so confusing.. I almost feel like going back to telus.. It wasnt that confusing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
adeena paulette wrote:

If you have $35 in your account then you are okay. You will have to buy Koodo prepaid cards in store and redeem them online every month to ensure you always have enough credits on your account.
adeena paulette wrote:

Thank u soo much.. I feel relief.. U have been quite helpful
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
adeena paulette wrote:

It works the exact same way as it does with Telus so you shouldn't have any problems getting used to this system.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Have a great day!