Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Koodo have contracts?

I want to bring my iPhone over from Telus (I know same company) if i sign up with Koodo do they have contracts as well or is it like wind can cancel when ever you want? Thanks in advance.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Every carrier in Canada has the same contract structure these days (you have to pay back any remaining device balance if you choose to leave before 24 months are up). Obviously this applies only if you are getting a new phone. If you bring your iPhone from Telus (no unlocking required), then you wouldn't be on any contract, and would qualify to receive a 10% monthly discount for bringing your own device.
Userlevel 3
Plus you would be able to cancel at anytime since you're bringing your own device over!
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Plus you would be able to cancel at anytime since you're bringing your own device over!

Thank you.
Can I switch from a Koodo prepaid to a Koodo monthly, even if I'll leave Canada in 4 months and cancel it all? Can I do this on-line or do I have to go in? I own my unlocked device that I'm using and already have the koodo sim card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natty C wrote:

Can I switch from a Koodo prepaid to a Koodo monthly, even if I'll leave Canada in 4 months and c...

You have to go in to switch from prepaid to monthly. You may cancel at any time by calling 611 from your Koodo mobile or:

Userlevel 6
Natty C wrote:

Can I switch from a Koodo prepaid to a Koodo monthly, even if I'll leave Canada in 4 months and c...

Hi Natty, Ivan is right! Just a heads up, your current prepaid SIM card won't work on postpaid. You can buy a postpaid SIM card in a Koodo store for $5 🙂 Thank you!
Natty C wrote:

Okay - that's really helpful. So I do have to go in and have it changed/buy a new sim at the store? I cannot just do it on self serve. But great that I can cancel at any time! Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Natty C wrote:

And don't forget to bring proper ID because they will run a credit check on you to sign up for monthly account.
Natty C wrote:

Okay - we'll see what I have time to do!