Koodo Community

Community

Does foreigner can buy a iPhone SE with tab medium?

I am not Canadian and also I just got an ETA to stay here.
My phone was out of order so that I need to buy a new phone.
So I was going to buy a iPhone SE 64GB with Tab medium in Koodo local shop but the man in the shop said that I need PR card, passport and credit card.
Is there any way to buy it with tab without PR card??
I have only passport, foreign credit card and cash.
And I am planning to pay off the my tab balance three or four month later if I can.
Any suggestion would be helpful

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Chowoon,

Unfortunately you need a Canadian credit card in order to get a tab with Koodo. What you could do is go to an Apple store, buy the phone outright and then activate it as a prepaid account with Koodo.
Userlevel 6
If you have a trusted friend or family member in Canada, you could have them activate the tab under their name (and you make the arrangements to pay the account). YMMV, but I have been able to use pre-paid credit cards with Koodo (purchased in Canada). You could exchange your foreign cash and buy pre-paid credit cards to pay the account. To benefit from activation promos and refer a friend credits, make sure you keep the account active for 90 days (not sure how long you plan on staying in Canada).
Userlevel 7
titaniumtux wrote:

If you have a trusted friend or family member in Canada, you could have them activate the tab und...

You can't use a prepaid credit card to run a credit check. An actual canadian credit card or canadian SIN card is needed to run the credit check needed to activate a postpaid account.