Koodo Community

Community

Solved

do you have to pay out contract if phone was stolen to get a new one?

My iphone was stolen can I get a new one? or do I have to pay the remaining contract left first?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Are you on the 3yr term iPhone plan or a Tab?
Userlevel 3
The iphone contracts were moved to the tab. So any tab balance owing would have to be payed. With that being said,you can use the tab towards your next upgrade if you wish.
Rocky Balboa wrote:

The iphone contracts were moved to the tab. So any tab balance owing would have to be payed. With...

One thing about this, is those that are switched, are not subjected to the monthly tab charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

The iphone contracts were moved to the tab. So any tab balance owing would have to be payed. With...

What? Is this a question?
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

No ^ lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Not you the message was directed to Kane 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Of course since it was before the new tab structure was put into place and you can't add a charge that the person didn't agree to when they signed their agreement.
Userlevel 7
1. Suspend your line and then report the phone stolen/blacklisted so the thief ends up with an iPod touch. 2. You still have to pay whatever remaining Tab is left on the account, unfortunately. You can either buy a phone outright from another source or then use a new Tab to get another phone from Koodo. Sorry to hear about the theft of your device. That's never fun.