Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do you have to be with koodo to get a koodo iphone unlocked?

I bought a koodo iphone 5 from my friend and I wanted to get it unlocked. But im not with koodo. Could I ask them to unlock it for me?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmm, I don't think it is possible becasue you need to hae an account with them that has been in good standing for 3 months. You could unlock via a 3rd party...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You best bet is to get your friend to unlock for you from his Koodo account assuming he matches these criteria: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-i-am-eligible-to-get-my-koodo-phone-unlocked Or you can sign up with Koodo and wait until you meet the criteria above to unlock it. Or you can try to find a 3rd party online to do it (but the going rate for that is ~$100).
Userlevel 6
If you already own the phone then you can activate with Koodo at no Tab. Without a Tab you're not bound by the 90-day account activity terms. So what you [i]could do is activate, get the unlock for $35, then immediately cancel. You might end up having to pay for a day of service. Or, really, you could just activate with Koodo and stay, we'll be glad to have you.