Koodo Community
Solved

Do Koodo stores not answer the phone?

I've called atleast 10 times today. The only Koodo store is 45 minutes from my house. I already drove there Monday with the iPhone 4s out of stock. I finally decided to just buy a 5, this time going to call to make sure they have it. Every other store I've called within a 30km area is out of stock of white. I am considering switching companies over this. This is ridiculous.

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If there are ppl there then I usually don't see them answering the phone and with Christmas here and tons of ppl shopping chances are they won't answer the phone. That's just my experience. Then again are you sure you have the correct #?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If there are ppl there then I usually don't see them answering the phone and with Christmas here ...As Kid says, it's Christmastime and the the malls are insanely busy. standard policy at any store is to deal with the customers in line first before answering the phone. If you were at the store instead of calling, would you be happier if they answered the phone instead of helping your?
Badge +4
If there are ppl there then I usually don't see them answering the phone and with Christmas here ...Pretty dumb excuse. It's a no brainer, hire on an extra hand to deal with the Christmas rush and answer phone calls.
Yes I am sure because I get the voicemail. I've loved Koodo ever since I got it over a year and a half ago. But the fact that no stores sell the 4s anymore, including Koodo shops, is bad. Then when I decide to purchase the 5, (outright btw, full 670$), they don't answer the phone.
I'm sure many companies would love that 700 dollars and would answer the phone. If Koodo wasn't so far away, and I hadn't been there already once this week, I'd glady just go and see.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm sure many companies would love that 700 dollars and would answer the phone. If Koodo wasn't s...Yes I can understand your frustration, unfortunately you gotta remember how many days away from Christmas we are & that the mad dash is on at the malls right now. I think your best bet is to keep calling right when they open if you don't want to make the journey down there. I hope you get a hold of them tomorrow morning and they have what you want. Curious what store are you trying to get a hold of?
Userlevel 1
Rebecca, be patience, it's Christmas after all. Wrong time to buy a popular phone. Wait until the new year when Koodo gets more stock. With Christmas around the corner, everyone is buying up electronic toys, including the iphone. Hmm, this might be an opportunity for you to convert to Android, just saying. 🙂
Badge +4
Rebecca, be patience, it's Christmas after all. Wrong time to buy a popular phone. Wait until t...Wait till Boxing Day...
Exactly, its Christmas. Imagine how many people like me who you're losing as customers, or potential ones because you don't have the phones you currently advertise for "in store". Might also be an opportunity to just go with a company who keeps stores like Futureshop/Bestbuy stocked. Thanks anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Exactly, its Christmas. Imagine how many people like me who you're losing as customers, or potent...The reason other company's have stock in the stores is because nobody wants to overpay for their service so they're not buying their phones. They probably had the same amount of stock just koodo sells out much faster because they have great values.
Exactly, its Christmas. Imagine how many people like me who you're losing as customers, or potent...Other companies have the exact same services for the same price. My 25$/mo plan is available on Virgin, Rogers and even Bell. I liked the idea of not being on a contract. However being on a tab isn't worth anything if I don't have a phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Exactly, its Christmas. Imagine how many people like me who you're losing as customers, or potent...Contract = overpaying
Userlevel 6
Exactly, its Christmas. Imagine how many people like me who you're losing as customers, or potent...Jesus, (no pun intended) if you can't wait to call earlier in the morning when there are less people crowding the stores.....well, what can I say. Hmmmm, I can't say that here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You do realize that stores are responsible for ordering their own stock, right? Phones aren't just sent out by Koodo, so many a week?
Badge +4
You do realize that stores are responsible for ordering their own stock, right? Phones aren't ju...Maybe Koodo should implement a feature on their Phones page where customers can check the availability of devices. Go one further by including links to Koodo's retail partners. People don't want to drive for 45 minutes to a Koodo location only to discover the device they're interested in, isn't in stock. People expect to see the hottest devices on the shelves, especially at this time of year. One would think Koodo would prepare well in advance for this.
You do realize that stores are responsible for ordering their own stock, right? Phones aren't ju...Since your buying the phone outright, why not just buy it from a store that does have it, unlock it, and carry on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Good thing you've decided to go with the 5 instead of the 4s because I've seen quite a few issues with the microphone on the 4s as of late and koodo has even taken it off their Web store which I don't know if it's related to that or not. If you haven't invested alot into the apple ecosystem you might even want to check out the Galaxy S3 and go with an Android. I've posted a video or part 1 of a series of videos on koodo Facebook Page. It shows all the new features of the Galaxy S3 that you might want to check out before you make your decision. - KID ANDROID. (Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 3
I have to chime in here. Why would you ever buy an iPhone from the carrier if you are going to pay full price? The phone will be locked to the carrier. For the same price, better warranty service and an unlocked device, buy directly from Apple. Go into an apple store or purchase online. This would be the same as Kid Android buying his Android devices without carrier locks. it just makes more sense in the long run.