Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do i need a drivers licence to buy a phone?

Hi there really want to go buy a iphone 5S tomorrow (only have extra money now) and i was wondering if i need a drivers licence? because i do not have one! i do have sin,birth certificate and health card and so on but no drivers licenece:(!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Are you already with Koodo or are you opening a new account? Do you know what kind of Tab and plan combination you're looking for?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will need some kind of photo ID. A government issues ID card should be acceptable too. But a drivers license is best. Passports are iffy http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/do-you-perform-a-credit-check
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You will need some kind of photo ID. A government issues ID card should be acceptable too. But a...

Why are passports iffy? They have more security features than a standard driver's licence.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You will need some kind of photo ID. A government issues ID card should be acceptable too. But a...

I know right! But when I was at the Mobile Shop they frowned at passports for fraud reasons
Dennis wrote:

Ou am going on the tab medium looking or te 30$ +5$ for the tab! I am a new customer!
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Just because some people at the Mobile Shop don't like passports because they think their iffy doesn't make them any less accepted than a DL
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tiffany, are you aware that Apple is set to release the next iPhone shortly (announcement coming on September 9)? Koodo hasn't announced anything, obviously since Apple hasn't announced anything but it's a relatively safe bet.
Ivan wrote:

Tiffany, are you aware that Apple is set to release the next iPhone shortly (announcement coming ...

Yes I'm aware:)
Userlevel 3
I have a provincial ID Card (no drivers license) (im in Ontario).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MohamedAbdourahman wrote:

That should work

What if I don't hav that card? Closest thing I have is a health card?
Userlevel 7

Tiffany, your sin and passport will be fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You will need some kind of photo ID for sure. This is to prevent fraud and identity theft
Userlevel 6

All provinces except Quebec have photo ID cards for non-drivers. I would suggest that you get one for future use, since health cards are generally accepted for health services only.