Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Do I have to pay for a Koodo SIM card if I'm signing up for a plan?

I would like to switch my unlocked iPhone to a Koodo account, but need a SIM card. Are they free or subsidized?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
No unfortunately not free. If your going prepaid I believe they are 20 dollar. Post paid I am not sure I think 5.
Thanks Melissa. Yes, $5 is what I've paid in the past from other service providers, but I say some conversations about a $10 post-paid SIM card. Which isn't very friendly if you are joining Koodo as a new customer.

Userlevel 4
zorg wrote:

Thanks Melissa. Yes, $5 is what I've paid in the past from other service providers, but I say som...

Hi zorg, are you going post paid or prepaid? My husband went to the superstore to replace his post paid card and they only charged him 5 dollars but when I went to koodos kiosk to replace my prepaid it was 20 dollars. If your a new customer and planning on post paid even with your own phone keep in mind you are subject to a credit check.
Userlevel 7
zorg wrote:

Thanks Melissa. Yes, $5 is what I've paid in the past from other service providers, but I say som...

The price went down for postpaid recently. Cost is 5$, prepaid Sims are 20$ but include a 20$ credit for new line activations.
zorg wrote:

Thanks Chad. Much appreciated.